$800 Verizon Trade-in issue 2021-2022
ykx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I saw a $800 dollar trade in for an Apple Iphone 13 Pro deal with Verizon. Despite having a decent phone (Samsung Note10), I decided to give it a try as it was a very good offer.

I did the usual: filling out documents and took the new iphone home and sent in my older phone once the trade-in package via UPS arrived. A few days later, Verizon confirmed it received my old phone and soon after sent me a appraisal value email at $33.33 for 24months =$799.92. I was told that the promotional credit would kick in within 1-2 business cycles. 

Fast forward 1-2 billing cycles (Jan 2022), the credit did not apply and I called Verizon to resolve this matter and told me it will be rectified again 1-2 billing cycles. 

Comes March 2022 the credit did not apply and I called Verizon to resolve this matter and told me it will be rectified again in 10 days. They did not even know what promotion I was even referring to until I provided my confirmation number of the trade-in.

FYI Verizon: https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/carrier-offers
Asking Apple may be helpful, they still have the promotion information up on their website. 

May 2022: I look at the bill and only got $300 over X months credit towards my bill. I called Verizon and informed me that I did not sign up to one of their premium 5G plans and did not meet the tier level to get the full $800 dollars. If that was the case, why would I consider the upgrade or also if I really wanted to get the promotion, I would have made the plan upgrade to begin with to qualify me for the deal.

This is total non-sense, because the promotion nor did the staff did not mention any sort of plan requirement to qualify for the offer. 

They failed to meet the condition they set forth 3x on rectifying my promotional credit taking up nearly a year. Once they rectified the credit, they did not provide promised amount. 

Like forreal? Is it logical to trade in a phone that was out only for 2 years for $300 dollars and get into a 24-30month contract  when its competitors offer the same deal (and honors it) without any durational requirement.

Once I figure out my contractual duration, I am cancelling my services with these Scamm. 

Re: $800 Verizon Trade-in Issue 2021-2022
NickDundy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going through the same thing with Verizon. As advertised, I was expecting $700 dollars for my Samsung S10+. Since I bought the phone in October, I called them 4 times regarding the trade in credit and each time I was assured that the credit would show up in the next billing cycle which of course didn't. 

Fast forward to May, I was reached out by a senior customer representative after submitting a complaint with BBB with a news that I wasn't eligible for the offer because the offer was expired and now they only offered $440 dollars for my phone.  However, each time I called the customer representative, I was assured that I am eligible for $700 dollars. 

At this point it feels like they clearly stole my phone . 

Re: $800 Verizon Trade-in issue 2021-2022
todfhunt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same! It took 7 calls, each well over 1hr long, and each time having to re-explain, to finally get a rep that knew what she was doing, and was willing to escalate properly to make sure it was solved. Rebecca was her name. Sweet southern accent. She got it done when all others failed and even made stuff up. Like, they are sending the traded-in phones back to me, so that I could them reinitiate the process all over again. Despite my explaining how absurd that was the rep insisted. Even made notes in the account about it. Needless to say the trade-ins never came, and when I did finally get help from Rebecca she saw the notes and commented how bewildered she was by it. I’m convinced VW is playing a numbers game… the more they cause this issue the more people get frustrated and just give up to pay full cost. 

akatakam1292
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am concerned of the same issue. I added a new line with iPhone13 and traded-in a Note9 with full $800 credit. No mention of adding in 5G Unlimited (We did Unlimited Start) Premium plan. However, today I tried to upgrade my existing line to S22 with an S9 which was originally advertized to upgrade to 5G Unlimited plan. Today I see it says one gets half the amount of $400 if on Unlimited Start plan and gets $800 if upgraded to 5G Unlimited Premium Plan (Pay more or other) which $10 more. Basically, they switched this. The oroginal offer was good until June 30. Now they offer additional $400 but you have to pay the additional $10/mo. Do the math in 40 months when the phone is paid we pay the same $400 which is seen as an additional discount. After 40 months one is stuck on the Premium Plan. This is a bait and switch. Poor advertisement.

0 Likes
ryanbriss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same issue for me. Promised a $700 credit back in February. the device was delivered and signed for on 2/14 by Verizon Warehouse. Fast forward to July 5th and nothing.

Over a dozen calls/chats/text conversations, and all I get is a request to wait a bit longer. There must be 5+ tickets that have been opened in the system (or so I'm told). 

Very frustrated. Will take the advice to reach out to BBB.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, ryanbriss. We have sent you a Private Note to assist with getting this Trade In promotion issue resolved. Please respond to the Private Note to get started. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
Sam127
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. I bought a Samsung S22 from Best Buy, while the $800 promotion was running on 04/20. I traded in Pixel 4a which was listed as eligible for $800 promotion. I also have the required Unlimited plan. I got $63 one time credit and after spending hours with at least 5 different reps on the chat, I have gotten nowhere. 

Unbelievable how deliberately obtuse and difficult this process has been made. I have been with Verizon for over 15 years, but I am ready to try other networks.   

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Sam127 ,

Thank you for sharing those helpful details with us. With your upgrade going through Best Buy, you would have had to submit your trade-in on vzw.com/tradein after activating the S22 on your line. When signed into your My Verizon account, what was the expected trade value that you were shown? You also mentioned upgrading on 4/20. The promotions we had at the time had a requirement for a new line of service to receive the boosted trade value. Upgrading lines were not included until the promotions we started in May.

-Russell

0 Likes
Sam127
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did submit the trade-in through vzw.com/tradein, right after activating my S22. The trade-in value showed $63, but an agent through chat assured me that it would be adjusted to the correct amount ($800) after they receive it.

I'm 100% confident that the promo was for upgrading the existing line. The requirements were: be on an Unlimited plan and trade in the phone listed below. There were different amounts for different phones, Google Pixel 4a was $800, paid as bill credit over 36 months.

In the hindsight I should have taken a screenshot of the promo, but I never thought that I would have to prove to Verizon what promos they had at what time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you were not given the correct information about our Trade-in promotion from the Best Buy rep. We are always here to help with making sure you have the information you need about our correct promotions and what qualifications are needed to receive it. Have you spoken to Best Buy where you purchased your device? 

-Kinquana

0 Likes