800 trade in credit is a lie.
Mhinchee12

I upgraded my 4 phones while talking with a Verizon rep. Online trade in and upgrade stated I would receive $800 dollar credits for the phones I traded in. I was told they would ship my phones to the addresses needed and that they would send return labels. I confirmed the shipping addresses 3 times.  The phones went to the wrong addresses and no labels were sent. I was on the phone for multiple hours trying to rectify this issue. At the conclusion one phone went to the alternate address and I had to personally ship another and still no return labels for the trade ins. I spend more time on the phone and I was told return labels would be sent. They never were. I contacted Verizon again and they had me apply for a credit through their app which barely works. The app is saying they will only credit back $103 dollars per phone and I am still waiting on labels. So the $800 credit was a lie from the start. I have decided to contact the BBB for this blatant fraud. We have been Verizon customers for 15 years. It seems like every time we need to upgrade or change something there is always a problem. A problem that takes hours of my time. Hours, that I was told by the Verizon representative, that aren’t worth any compensation from Verizon. Why do I pay a bill every month if I have to constantly call and check on how poorly they are performing basic requests. I’m tired of this company always trying to get one over on its customers. There are a ton of posts on here that have the same problem. #800tradin  Get it together. #iphone13

0 Likes
Re: 800 trade in credit is a lie.
Mhinchee12

I have added the BBB complaint file number. 17545156

0 Likes
Mhinchee12

The Verizon management messaged me after the complaint and has said that when they receive the phones they will issue the full $800 credit when they receive the phones. I will update this post when that happens. 

0 Likes
MoriVM

any update?

0 Likes
Courawane

Hi,

I had the same issue. My husband started a new line and I trade in my phone with the $800 promotion. They told me that I can only get $175 because when I filled out the trade in form I told them that my iPhone was purple and they received a black one. I sent out proof that the phone they received is indeed purple with the IMEI matching and everything. They put in numerous tickets and the last customer service guy I talked to even said that this will be fixed in a couple of payment cycles. Now nothing is happening. My husband called them this morning and they were back at asking us to take the $175 trade in value Verizon lied to us.  I am going to post this in all the Verizon reviews platforms I can find. My husband was with them for 20 years and this is how they treat their loyal customers. We are going to terminate all 3 lines with them. So frustrating! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Courawane, we see that this has been an ongoing issue that needs to be addressed and resolved for you. Let's gather more information. Please be on the look out for a private note. 

-Nicci

0 Likes
verizon does not care about longtime customers
lee0452
Enthusiast - Level 1

do not purchase a motorola edge. It is definitely second rate

0 Likes
Bairfanx

Same problem, except I forgot about it for about 10 months. I was supposed to get either $700 or $800 trade-in credit for my phone (can't remember, as it was A YEAR AGO). They gave me ~33% less. When I called, I was told "it just takes some time for it to get updated." And I forgot. And they assume we will all forget. And then they aren't going to pay out the value they agreed to.

They very intentionally make it difficult or impossible for you to see the promotion you signed up under, too. This isn't normal ignorance/poor design. It's intentional, it's built to make money off the backs of people who don't have the time to jump through all of their hoops and get them to HONOR THE DEAL THEY OFFERED.

0 Likes