A VERIZON REP LIED TO ME AND THEY ADMIT IT. THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD!
darrellgrenz

A while back I made a decision to change from my unlimited data plan to a share plan based on the information a rep gave me. Little did I know he was giving me wrong info and I didn't discover it until after the so-called "14 days" that you have to void changes. Don't you think that if you base a decision on info that a company trained rep gives you, it should be grounds for them changing it back. Well the answer is NO. Verizon is purposely tricking people so they will be forced out of their "grandfathered" plans. Stay away from this company if you can....

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: A VERIZON REP LIED TO ME AND THEY ADMIT IT. THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD!
Not applicable

What was in incorrect info the rep gave you?

I think the 14 day period you're referring to is the number of days to return a phone, not to void changes made to your account.

budone
Legend

What was said?????

darrellgrenz

The rep gave me wrong info about my usage and than I changed the plan I based on this. I found out later that it was wrong and they told me it was too late. I later also found out that the pricing was wrong too. What a piece of crap of a company.

Yoyi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very similar thing happened to me. I was told I would be paying less under the a plan if I upgraded to a smart phone and signed a new two-year contract. I'm not dumb. I know smart phone plans typically cost more. But I was told there was a special promotion going on that month and if I upgraded I would end up paying less per month. I repeated this several times to the representative. You mean my total monthly expenses would go down? Yes, he assured me. Well when I received my first bill I saw that my expenses had in fact increased. I called Verizon. They said they knew of no such promotion. I asked if I could return the phone and go back to my old plan. They said 15 days had passed and I was now locked in to a new two-year plan at the increased rate. Wow. They pulled a major bait-and-switch and essentially ran out the clock on their exchange policy. Incredible. I filed a complaint with the FCC. You can imagine how betrayed I feel.

rcschnoor
Legend

"I'm not dumb"...

Did you see any sort of documentation reflecting this decrease in plan price? Whenever I make a change to my price plan, I receive email notification within 24-48 hours detailing my new price plan and any associated costs. Did you confirm the lower costs with any documents detailing changes to you account.

All of this should have been able to be completed prior to the 14 day return period had expired.

Any deviation in the available documents with "what you were told" and/or "what you understood" would have sent up red flags for me.

When you say you are aware "smart phone plans typically cost more", this may have been a case of if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Watermanw52

Same here. I screen shot the whole convo. They admit the rep lied to me. Lost my grandfather plan. My bill is now higher. And they won't do anything to help me.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to hear this Watermanw52, our goal is to communicate openly with our customers. How long ago did this happen? Was there a request previously for any kind of changes to your account? What was happening that prompted the change?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes