Re: Absolutely fed up with Verizon
GinoSylum
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's you... and that's fine.. i can tell you I stayed with Verizon so long because of loyalty.. why would i buy a booster for my home?  But that's person to person... doesn't really mater.. My point is, don't you see how these polices and changes anger people?  Think about it.. in one year, we have gone from $30 being unlimited data, to $50 for 1 gig.. they can do what they want.. I'm not saying they can't.  But don't tell me you are doing me a favor as you drive the price up.

I agree with you about keeping your unlimited as long as you can, then reviewing your options.. This is their company, they can make any changes they see fit, but its going to anger people.. To your last point, BMW doesn't want "people on low income or in financial difficulty" but they don't advertize that they are trying to save us money by adopting plans that are built to drive prices up.  Verizon is just one of MANY company's that are simply squeezing every last dime they can as they pretend to do the "right thing".  Its just dishonest.

0 Likes
GinoSylum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unlimited = $30

1 gig = $50

This is why the unlimited people are complaining.. When i loose my unlimited plan, EVEN if i choose the lowest plan i can, my bill will go up for less data... THAT is the problem.

Tidbits
Legend

That's if you have multiple lines... It's a SHARE plan and it's cheaper especially when you consider most people wanted a share plan to save money $50 for 1Gb for 3 lines you save $10 and each user gets more than 75mb. There are a lot of these people out there.

If you only have one line you get the current price structure.

0 Likes
dgmock
Enthusiast - Level 3

And I agree with you, GinoSylum.  Some of us have been "loyal" VZW customers for many years -- generally happy with the coverage, service, and products overall, with no reason to consider changing carriers when it came time for upgrades or additional services. We would even put us with the occasional rate hike or -- in GinoSylum's case -- the inconvenience of spotty coverage areas, just to stick with a known, trusted carrier.  I'm afraid the problem is that, relatively speaking, we "loyalists" are very few in number, even though we are a vociferous minority (judging from all the posts on these forums). Unfortunately, VZW doesn't give a care about us, preferring to cultivate a new breed of data-intensive customers that apparently have more money than sense. So I will be doing what I never thought I would -- consider switching when I need a new smartphone this fall. Whether I eventually change will depend on the alternatives I find, but I no longer feel any allegiance whatsoever to VZW. Not that they care . . .

0 Likes
MankatoMN12
Contributor - Level 2

People who have the unlimited plan will remain on the unlimited plan if the choose to for the life of their device. If you choose to use an upgrade to get a new device at the discounted price and the 2 year contract you will have to go to 2GB of data for $30. If you choose to buy the phone at the full retail price with no contract you can keep your unlimited data for the new device.

The 1GB of data for $50 is the new data plan for a family account with more than 1 phone that doesn't use almost any data and doesn't want to pay $30 a line for (example) 5 lines ($150 in data packages) when they don't use over 1GB of data between the 5 lines total.

You might to take a look at the new data plans again, because you sound like you don't understand them and who they are for

0 Likes
Not applicable

There is nothing dishonest about it.  They tell you the plans and prices and you buy them or you don't.  And the new plans actually can save money for people who are paying $30 each for several data plans, but use very little data.  Other people can buy one of the tiered plans which haven't changed since last summer.

0 Likes
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

I must say I can't blame you for being upset. I don't have to switch yet, and won't do so till the last minute. One of the lines on my account (a feature phone) has data and messaging blocked and I still have to pay $30 for access? The new data plan will cost more for me, and have less data as 2 smartphones are unlimited data, and one is 4GB for $30.

0 Likes
Not applicable

My wife's feature phone is $9.99 per month.  Why are you paying $30?

0 Likes
Derek32880
Contributor - Level 1

One thing I really do wish people would do on these forums is STOP telling other customers  "if you don't like it move it to another company"  WHY should I pay $50+  for very little to no service with other carriers??   How about this we switch to either at&t, sprint or T-mobile (which have very little if any coverage at all in my area) and you can pay our bills since you want us on another carrier  so bad   that way we don't have to worry about paying god awful prices for constant dropped calls or no signal what's so ever  the cheapest company I've had was actually  Boost Mobile which was $50 for unlimited talk, text and mobile web (not actual data)  know why i didn't stay with them??????  constant dropped calls/signal loss   Verizon is the ONLY company  that has a decent service that actually WORKS  95% of the time  so I'm on Verizon.   If other companies actually had decent service  I would switch  but they do not so again  I'm with Verizon.

I pay $120  a month  for that  great service   which includes  unlimited talk text and data   which is more than I can afford really but I do manage.   Do I need unlimited data???  no not really  I could be fine with 4gbs of data   or even the 2gbs of data  considering I use my wifi most of the time  HOWEVER  if I were to go with that  2gb plan that would save me $20   but in reality I'm paying more  per gb than I was with the unlimited plan and that is why people are complaining

Some people want to keep that unlimited plan and that is there right to do so (want to keep it  I mean)  so they come on these forums and say so (which is what these forums are created for) so for YOU guys that are saying "if you don't like it move to another company"  here is a note for YOU  If you don't like to constantly hear how Customers are VERY unhappy about getting blackmailed into being screwed (and i say blackmail cause that's what it is  "either  pay full price or get on this new plan" is just that blackmail then well DON'T read it  

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Derek32880 wrote:

Some people want to keep that unlimited plan and that is there right to do so (want to keep it  I mean)  so they come on these forums and say so (which is what these forums are created for) so for YOU guys that are saying "if you don't like it move to another company"  here is a note for YOU  If you don't like to constantly hear how Customers are VERY unhappy about getting blackmailed into being screwed (and i say blackmail cause that's what it is  "either  pay full price or get on this new plan" is just that blackmail then well DON'T read it  

This is a PEER-TO-PEER forum for people to come to for help and has very little actually Verizon presence.  There's nothing we can do to keep your unlimited.  It'd be more effective to write letters/emails or go Occupy Verizon in Basking Ridge, NJ..

0 Likes