Accidental International Call
65_ACRWCH

I am writing here because my family are long-time Verizon Wireless customers (decades) and very angered / disturbed with how their customer service treats their customers.

My elderly father recently accidentally dialed an international Italy contact of his, then hung up right away, but Verizon somehow charged us $60 extra on our family plan for a phantom 31 minute international call. Even if you argue the connection was legitimately made, my father, again, is elderly, thus not the greatest with technology, and has been going through a bout with a brain tumor recently.

Explaining all of the above to Verizon customer service, what do we get for being faithful long-time paying customers? Almost no mercy, sympathy or leeway, just the standard robotic offer of a $15 credit back.

You would think Verizon might offer some compassion for our situation here, but no. This almost seems as predatory to me as all the spam calls that Verizon allows through their system to ring my father's phone all day.

And searching through these forums, I see we are not the only ones, far from it.

If Verizon wants to take advantage of my elderly father like this for an extra $60, it looks like we'll be looking for a another cell phone provider, a thought we've never entertained prior.

0 Likes
Re: Accidental International Call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your experience is too important to us for this to go unnoticed. Nobody here wants you to leave. I imagine there will be questions asked here that were asked while on the call. Is that phone call still in the phone's call log? If so, does the length of the call in the phone align with the length of the time billed? 

-David

0 Likes
65_ACRWCH

Yes, the call in question is in my father's phone call log, but unfortunately, his phone is an older Samsung Galaxy S4, and for some inexplicable reason, the call history does not log duration, only the type of call and time of call. I can send this screenshot outside of this forum if this will help my case.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the insight but am sorry to hear about this situation. I'd like to see how we can help and have since sent a Private Note. 

-Chris

0 Likes