Accidentally Switched Account Owner
djr92

When I logged on to my Verizon account I accidentally switched my phone number to account manager. I do not pay the phone bill myself my grandfather does, but never pays online. So I was wondering if keeping myself account owner matters?  Also his account currently has an available upgrade and I was wondering if I could switch his upgrade to my account so I could pre order the Iphone and if so how??? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Accidentally Switched Account Owner
budone
Legend

Does not sound so "accidental" to me...... Too many questions associated. Only way to become an account manager is to log into HIS account, go to the buried page for doing this and MAKING THE CHANGE. Which is illegal but hey, I am sure he will understand when he starts seeing all those add'l charges showing up.

0 Likes
djr92

well it wasn't accidental but I did it in order to  pre order the iphone on Thursday. Didn't realize it would switch both ours just thought it would make us both managers. Also what additional charges?

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

There's a $500 charge each time you switch account managers. Only the original account manager can have these removed and then the lines are suspended for a month. :smileywink:

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

djr92 wrote:

well it wasn't accidental but I did it in order to  pre order the iphone on Thursday. Didn't realize it would switch both ours just thought it would make us both managers. Also what additional charges?

There's a pretty clear option on the front page to designate additional account managers.  Switching the owner takes quite a bit of clicking.  Have you discussed your actions with the account owner?  I would reccomend that you do that now BEFORE he goes to log in and finds that his line is no longer designated the owner.

Also, have you discussed with him that using his upgrade to purchase an iPhone for you will extend the contract on HIS line, and prevent him from getting a subsidized phone until either 20 months from now or he takes an upgrade from another line on his plan?

0 Likes
djr92

Yeah i really don't know what i did. The account owner was never registered on the site and all i did was go under my own account and found something that said change role to owner. So my grandfather gave me the information and it switched me to owner. I thought i had to do this in order to be allowed to pre order the iphone. I didn't look hard for it at all. It was under personal information. Plus he will never be paying online only from the bill received in the mail. And as for the upgrade he doesn't mind but thats isn't important anymore.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Well, I think you get the picture, you are doing something you should not have done. It can NOT be done from your account. Why is it ok, to change the account and buy things without his approval. Dont you think he will be suspicious seeing either a new charge for data or a charge for the phone itself???

Wait until you are old enough and out on your own to get the phone you want without sneaking behind the back of the person that PAYS YOUR BILL.

0 Likes