Activating previously used device
Vladimirudyak

I'm trying to activate my phone that I had lost and now it's been found and returned to me. I don't understand why am I not able to activate that device. Tried to do it on" My Verizon" and was surprised to be informed that such service wasn't available at this time. After that tried calling and found out that phone lines were also closed and I was connected to digital assistant which was completely useless. No customer service but billing. Billing works flawlessly. Wether it was on " My Verizon" page or with digital assistant, despite me trying to go to Activation portal it kept switching me back to Payments page. Verizon must have determined that COVID 19 is transmittable through the radio signals and decided to close customer service phone lines. Any excuse goes for Verizon as long as it gives them a reason not to respond to the millions of customers they messed up up in some way. Another good indication for me to switch to a different carrier 

0 Likes
Re: Activating previously used device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vladimirudyak, we have temporarily reduced our business hours and our Response Centers. We certainly don't want to see you go. When you report a phone lost/stolen the device is put on a list for your security. Did you file an insurance claim? 

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes