Active Device Payment Plan - Cancel Service
GirlGenius18

I am making monthly payments on my Verizon bill for my iPhone 13 Pro Max.  If I cancel service with Verizon, am I still able to continue making monthly payments (set up via Auto Pay currently), or will I be faced with paying the entire remaining device balance all at once?

I'd imagine I am probably getting a discount on my device or plan in conjunction with the monthly DPP.  Is there a way to find out exactly what I would be looking at if I switch carriers?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Active Device Payment Plan - Cancel Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd never want to see you go and want to ensure we provide you with details on how your device payment works, GirlGenius18. If service is canceled before your device payment is paid in full, you would be billed for the remaining balance of your device payment on your final bill. Any promotional discounts would be removed and no longer apply towards the device payment balance. You can learn more about device payments here, http://spr.ly/6606MHSuk. Is there a certain reason you are looking to cancel service? -Danielle

0 Likes
GirlGenius18

I upgraded from an iPhone XS Max to an iPhone 13 Pro Max because I was having coverage issues with my old device.  I figured the device itself was the issue, but it turns out it is the Verizon network.  I'm experiencing dropped calls and calls of poor quality in areas where I never struggled, and have had to completely turn off 5G and revert back to LTE because every time my phone tried to switch bands, calls became distorted.  When I try to use self-service apps (Chick-fil-A and Sam's Club, to name a few), I can't even access the apps at the store locations where I need them.

My issues are in rural and semi-rural areas, but my husband is going through the same thing in a more populated area where his office is located.  I am fortunate to have a robust WiFi connection at home, but my husband's phone is rendered useless, as he's in a government facility where he cannot access public WiFi.

Why has Verizon's network gotten worse over time?  I would think that if anything, it should be improving.  My entire family has had Verizon since cell phones were introduced to everyday people, and we're all frustrated with the network and looking to jump ship.  I can't understand why I'm not only paying for service, but for a device I can't use outside of my home.  Verizon really needs to look into these issues.  

I don't know how much longer I can put up with this.  If I have to pay off my device to go somewhere else, I will never consider coming back to Verizon.  This is just awful, and I can't understand why I'm seeing these same complaints all over the web, but no promise from Verizon to improve.  Where are the economic impact fees going?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the additional details, GirlGenius18. I would be just as frustrated if my service was no longer working as expected. We'd like to apologize for the inconvenience you and your husband have been experiencing. I can assure you, we want you to have the best possible service at all times. Using Wi-Fi when indoors, is recommended as there can be interference outside our control. We'd like to take a closer look into the issues you have been experiencing. Just to confirm, have you already spoken with us and completed any troubleshooting or network tickets for the issues you have been experiencing? -Danielle

0 Likes
GirlGenius18

I have reached out here on the forums and provided a location, and was told it was an area with known signal issues.  However, I have a handful of other locations I can provide via private message, or add on to my existing Support Ticket.

My ticket is ##.  It also only allowed me to select one location on the map, so I picked the one with the worst coverage.

[edited to remove Personal Information]

0 Likes
GirlGenius18

Update:  I chatted with a few people via Support Request, and the last person I spoke with did two things:

1.  Recommended I switch to a new, more expensive plan.  If I’m having trouble, why would I fork over more money?  If I switch plans, I lose my loyalty plan and there’s no guarantee anything is fixed.

2.  Opened a support ticket.  I was told it would take 5-7 days for a resolution, and today (a day later) I received a generic text message with a link to a pre-recorded video showing me how to turn on HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling, saying the review of my service issue is complete.  Really?  Like I haven’t already tried that?

Verizon really needs to credit me for money remaining on my device payment plan.  I’m paying for service that is not usable outside of my home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GirlGenius18, thank you so much for the reply. We do know the importance of needing your cellular service to work. We would not be able to apply any credits towards your Device Payment Agreement for a phone that you have. For service issues while indoors it would be recommended to use HD Voice/Wi-Fi calling. That will allow you to be able to use your cell phone. We are not able to pull up any details of the Network Ticket to review. We can always gather more details about your concern within a Private Note. That will be sent shortly. Thank you.  

-Kevin

0 Likes