All of sudden we have no service at an address that was fine. This started about 5 days ago.
Jenn7s
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer chat suggested a cell phone booster, but when looking them up on amazon, they are expensive! I do not think I should have to pay over 100.00 to get their service to work better, in a place it used to, when they are already pricier than other providers. I stay with them because they have the best coverage, and used to have the best customer service.Can anyone suggest anything else? Or am I going to have to just look at AT&T or Sprint??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: All of sudden we have no service at an address that was fine. This started about 5 days ago.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer of Verizon we do not want to lose you after all this time, Jenn7s. I know your service is important and want to make sure you have service at home. Prior to the service issues 5 days ago has there been any recent changes in your area or in your home?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: All of sudden we have no service at an address that was fine. This started about 5 days ago.
Allienadam

Im having the exact same issues! Our address is not in your area but in 92660. I am so frustrated! I never receive calls or can make a full phone call without the call dropping.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allienadam, we're stepping in to ease your frustration and assist you with this drop call issue. No outages reported in 92660 at this time. Does this issue happen indoors, outdoors or both? Have you ever had reliable service at this location? When did this problem start?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Allienadam

I have always had just “ok” reception in our home. I just got the new 6+

which seems to have horrible reception, however my fiancé has a samsung and

has been having the same issue with dropped calls, or our phones saying No

Service. In regards to my phone and the issue with the used Data… I have

literately turned off anything that could have used data. I also turned off

the Wifi Assist? It says we’ve used 20gb of data, we usually never come

close to 12!!!

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allienadam, It is realize how important not have those dropped calls with your fiancé’s phone or problems accessing your data when you’re in your home. Let’s keep working on this issue to fix it. How is service outdoors on each of your devices? Have you checked your data utilization? Here’s a link to help http://tiny.cc/2gvdcy

EdwinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Allienadam

Just outside our home has horrible reception, walk about 100-150ft and its normal. Data utilization is as stated, I have every app turned off or only wifi now except for email, or messages. But as I said before, in our home, when I had the "wifi assist" enabled, or "wifi calls" enabled, I STILL would not receive phone calls or texts properly. It will say no service, or 3G with one bar? I read that the iOS update may be the culprit? Is this true?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing me with those details, Allienadam. I know how important it is to have reliable service at your home. Typically software updates are to improve how the device operates. I doubt the update would have caused this issue. I know you have stated that this issue only happens in and around your home. It sounds like the reception has been worse since you received the new phones. A lot of our newer devices come standard with Advanced Calling and thisis a fantastic feature, but it can cause voice issues in areas where data coverage is poor. Let's see if disabling the feature improves your voice coverage. On your phone, please go into Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Data Only. Let me know if this improves your call quality.

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes