Allset roaming fees?
rseverns

Am a current Verizon customer, out of contract, and looking at the Allset prepaid plan. I have gotten three different answers from three different people concerning roaming fees. Would I be charged a roaming cost if I was using my phone outside the "prepaid" area, actually listed on the coverage map as "prepaid roaming"? I have been told "service could be slow", "no service", and "fee would be charged", so I would appreciate someone's personal experience in this situation. We want to go to a smartphone prepaid to avoid the contract, but do not want the hassle/cost of roaming fees.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Allset roaming fees?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, rseverns. Regarding roaming, if you are within the areas listed under the Prepaid Coverage and Prepaid Roaming in the US, it is included with your plan and it will not have a charge. (Especially in the areas appearing in the coverage locator map for our coverage.)

If it is international roaming, then those areas will have a roaming per minute charge applied to any calls, data, or text usage.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, rseverns. Regarding roaming, if you are within the areas listed under the Prepaid Coverage and Prepaid Roaming in the US, it is included with your plan and it will not have a charge. (Especially in the areas appearing in the coverage locator map for our coverage.)

If it is international roaming, then those areas will have a roaming per minute charge applied to any calls, data, or text usage.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rseverns

tried to make a call in area listed as prepaid roaming, and my call would not go thru. I received a message that stated that I must make payment to place call. Did I get some "bad" advice or is there something that is wrong with my phone or service?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rseverns,

I definitely want to get to the bottom of this for you. What zipcode were you in? What model phone do you use? Were you able to make calls in other areas?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes