Am I the only one that questions how Verizon calculates the Data Usage?
JayG1989
Enthusiast - Level 1

Am I the only one that questions how they calculate the data usage? Our plan reset on the 16th at 12:00am. By 6:39am they said that we had used 1.96G. There was no one up and the only device that was on was our desktop (Mac) and am not even sure that it was on. To me it is amazing that when we started out we were at 8G and we were close on our data so we up the plan. Then it went to 10 then to 15 now we are at 20. and have done nothing different in how we use the internet. we don't watch movies or you tube videos. It is crazy. I wish the Better Business Bureau would investigate these people. There has to be something going on this is not right.

Labels (1)
Re: Am I the only one that questions how Verizon calculates the Data Usage?
harddrive747_1
Enthusiast - Level 1

For me, I discovered that I had an APP that was constantly downloading data.  The APP in question was the Washington Post APP.  So if you look, and maybe you already have done this, under settings data usage, you can see which application is using your data.  That is how I found that the Washington Post APP used over 800 megabytes of my data plan.  So needless to say it is gone.

Terry

lelie

There is a class action law suit that  is being settled as we speak!! Verizon did not want to show how they capture data usage ,,,, sooo they decided to settle. if you have an issue you have to get online and fill out some paper work to receive your settlement money. There is a time limit and so far they just keep billing people until they ask questions.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

lelie wrote:

There is a class action law suit that  is being settled as we speak!!

That was for a text messaging suit brought years ago, not data, and the time period for signing up for a refund ended in December of 2015.

If  you are speaking of another lawsuit, could you be a bit more specific as class action lawsuits are no longer allowed. See the following:

Why you can't sue your wireless carrier in a class action - CNET

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JayG1989, I know it is important to make sure that your track your data. I do appreciate you doing so. You can see what is using your data if you check out our data http://vz.to/1zkDcdR utilization tool. Also do you have WiFi turned on?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

I wish it showed more specific detail on data usage?

0 Likes