An appointment to purchase phones?
jmbmn
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have been Verizon customers for a number of years, with work and personal phones. We just went into the Verizon store in St Louis Park, MN - 8504 Hwy 7. We waited for someone to wait on us for 10 minutes and then my partner said "excuse me, do we need a number or appointment?" The man barely looked up and said, "we prefer that you have an appointment; you can't just expect to walk in and get service." Before that, there was no acknowledgement of our presence or a "someone will be with you in a bit." He made us feel like we were an inconvenience rather than long-time, loyal customers who were about to buy the latest Samsung or Apple phones.  i am not sure if it was because we were middle-aged women and he thought we were looking for a flip phone Smiley Happy or he is rude to everyone.  Do we really need an appointment to spend money at Verizon? Do we have to find another location that might actually appreciate our business? Are there other carriers that might appreciate our business? I thought there was heavy competition in the mobile phone space.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: An appointment to purchase phones?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

That particular store is an "authorized reseller", not a Verizon Corporate store.  They set their own policies, and their "deals" may have their own rules and qualifiers.

See this map, and go to Corporate store for more consistent service.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/storesearchresults/?allow=1&lat=44.959737&long=-93.370218&res...

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmbmn, I'm terribly sorry you feel this way. This is definitely not how we want you to feel. Our goal is to make you feel at home when you visit our stores. We want to make you feel like family when we interact with you. It's really disappointing to hear that we did not accomplish that with you and your partner today. You don't need to make an appointment to purchase a device or to do anything at the store. I'm really sorry that you experienced this today, I will forward the information that you provided us with to the corresponding department. Thank you very much for taking the time out or your day to talk to us about this.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

That particular store is an "authorized reseller", not a Verizon Corporate store.  They set their own policies, and their "deals" may have their own rules and qualifiers.

See this map, and go to Corporate store for more consistent service.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/storesearchresults/?allow=1&lat=44.959737&long=-93.370218&res...

jmbmn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! We went to a Verizon Corporate store in St. Louis Park, MN and dealt with Max. The experience was night and day.  He was fantastic! We got an iPhone 7 and Galaxy S8+. So glad we went to the corporate store, although the great experience made the authorized reseller look like even more of a [removed] . lol

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

SOme authorized resellers are OK - others are not.  SInce they set their own pricing, and rules, and policies, and they are often NOT the same as the Verizon deals you see advertised on line and on TV, or have extra qualifications or fees ... people understandably get upset when they deal with them.  Especially since they LOOK like a Verizon store, and you need to be looking for the "authorized reseller" in small letters somewhere in their signage.

Anyway, glad it all worked out for you!

0 Likes
GJGalloway

Tried to make an appointment, in person, in Yuba City, CA 95991, yesterday 11/3/20, and after 15 minutes. When it was clear that the agent was working on an issue not an appointment. I interrupted  her and asked about the procedure used to make an appointment. She said nothing was available for two days. Therefore,  I was unable to make a timely appointment and I left.

The agent was working on a customer problem that was very complicated and had little chance of success, in my opinion. As, I overheard the customer say he had spent 3 and a 1/2 hours the day before on this same problem. And, he was on his second call to Verizon during this encounter.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can't apologize enough for the experience you had regarding making an appointment for our stores. We always want your experiences with us to be positive ones. You can find out more about making an appointment here: https://www.verizon.com/stores It can be done on our app. Does this help?

0 Likes