Announcement 19
Blanchard611

Hello,

I have a friend that I am trying to call and I received "announcement 19, location 97516" every time.  We looked and nothing is showing under blocked or anything.  Is it possible there could be a miscellaneous app or something that is blocking the number?

Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Announcement 19
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you dialing all ten digits of the phone number?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Blanchard611

yes, yes i am

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are able to keep in touch with your friend, Blanchard611. Thank you for confirming your dialing pattern. Have calls to this friend worked in the past? If so, were there any changes to your plan since the issue began? The reason I ask is that the announcement you are receiving refers to a calling restriction that prohibits direct dialing beyond your designated service area. Does your friend live in a different area than you?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Blanchard611

Hello,

Calls to the friend have never been able to be completed. (new friend) We both live in the same county ... probably, so it's the same area and same area code. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What service does your friend have, Cell service? and if so, what carrier? If a land line, what local service do they have?  Could be Tech Support needs to do a call search/trace in the network data to see how the call is being handled and where it is failing.  The codes should be giving someone some clue.  800-922-0204 for Customer Service and a start.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Blanchard611

Friend has Verizon for her cell service as well.  My boss (has Verizon) called and got right through to my friend (slow day at the office).  Is that a phone number for Verizon Customer Service?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As stated above, the phone number for customer service is 1-800-922-0204. You can also reach the customer service at *611 from your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blanchard611,

This is odd for you to be having this problem with just reaching this one person. I appreciate the details that you've supplied. Let's not give up just yet. I've sent you a Private Message so that I can gather much-needed information to assist you further. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue. Thanks!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes