Another Verizon account linked to my email.
P293

Wondering if anyone else has the same issue.  Apparently another Veriznon customer has entered an email at Verizon that is mine, but not the same email that I personally use for my Verizon account. Each month I get an email from Verizon regarding the "other person's account" and after repeated calls to Verizon, nothing has changed.  I can't count the number of people at Verizon that I have talked to about this issue.  Would seem to me that in such a huge company as Verizon that someone within the organization would have the necessary skills to eliminate the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Another Verizon account linked to my email.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

P293,

We've definitely encountered this before and happy to help provide a hand. When this happens the only recourse we would have is to locate the account that would be associated with the email address in question. If an account is located, we can then reach out to the owner to advise them to update their contact information. Unfortunately we cannot simply change it once located and we would need their expressed permission to do so. Just to be sure, can you provide the email address that is sending you these messages to determine its validity? And to clarify, please do not provide your personal email address within this forum.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Wouldn't it be simpler to just unsubscribe to the emails?

0 Likes
P293

How do u unsubscribe to an email from Verizon? No option to unsubscribe in the email. Plus it's not my account that is using my email address. Thanks for the input.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You unsubscribe from a Verizon email the same way you unsubscribe from any other email. It is there. Just look for it.

It doesn't matter that the account is not yours. What matters is that you are getting the emails that you don't want. By unsubscribing you will end those unwanted emails. If you are confident that someone has not stolen your identity and somehow managed to open a fraudulent account with Verizon Wireless then it seems unsubscribing would solve that issue. You should go to a Corporate store and have them check make sure that there are no sub-accounts in your name.

0 Likes
P293

It's not there or I would have done it months ago. I know my account has not been compromised  and I know there are not any sub accounts in my accounts. The point is that Verizon claims that they can not retrieve an account via an email, OR, the last four digit of the account number showing up on the email. I can't unsubscribe when Verizon claims they cannot access an account using an email. Thanks again.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Maybe you are missing my point. I thought you wanted the emails to not be delivered to you.

Then all you have to do is use the unsubscribe link at the bottom. By law it is included in the email. Is it asking you to sign in to the account when you click on that link?

0 Likes
P293

I do want the emails to stop being sent to me from Verizon, and I've told them numerous times to no avail. I have looked at the email over a dozen times and there is no unsubscribe button any where on the email. The email comes once a month advising that the bill is due, just like my account bill is delivered each month using my current email address. Oh well, wasting your time and mine, thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

P293,

We've definitely encountered this before and happy to help provide a hand. When this happens the only recourse we would have is to locate the account that would be associated with the email address in question. If an account is located, we can then reach out to the owner to advise them to update their contact information. Unfortunately we cannot simply change it once located and we would need their expressed permission to do so. Just to be sure, can you provide the email address that is sending you these messages to determine its validity? And to clarify, please do not provide your personal email address within this forum.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
P293

Adam_VZW - thanks for responding.  The return email is  - -

VZWMail@ecrmemail.verizonwireless.com

Thanks..........

0 Likes
What45

I too have this samething happing on my email but it is the same email as mine is I get this person billing amount and account numbers and one time I was able to open it and see his wife’s number and his two numbers and I think a daughters number I’m not the account owner so they will not discuss it with me my wife is the account owner and manager of the account and she has told them repeatedly and still nothing has been done I know the mans name is Peter and back when I was able to. See his device numbers I should have written them down and called till I got one of the family members to answer and told them about this issue and see if anyone of them could tell me if they were getting my emails like I have been getting there’s I don’t know what is going on with me getting there emails iif I’m getting theirs why can’t they be getting my emails kinda makes me wonder how many emails of mine is actually coming to me so I know exactly what you mean it’s weird that Verizon will not try to resolve this issue

0 Likes