Any perks for being loyal to Verizon?
LisaHeartsDanny
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for many years, always pay on time every time. I was interested in the DadsNGrads promo to upgrade both my husbands and I to a new Iphone. We elected for the Verizon Edge plan. I completed my order but the promo only applied to 1 phone not both. I immediately called Verizon to remedy the situation and they said they could NOT add the promo but they could cancel the order and I could re-order using the promo code on both. They would revert all my upgrade info and online information back so I could do a reorder in 2 hours. 6 hours later, my Verizon account had NOT been changed back and I didnt want to miss out on the promo that was expiring on Sunday (this was Friday afternoon). I called and talked to a nice gentleman "Moses", he said my order had been cancelled and that I could go into a corporate store and have them "override" the upgrade date so that I could get the promo and phone that day. I went the next morning (Saturday) and they said the order had shipped already, they couldnt do anything for me. I wasnt happy about losing the $200 promo for the one phone, but figured I may as leave well enough alone. I anxiously awaited my order on Tuesday (I tracked it all day), at 2 pm, I tracked it once more and it said "recipient refused shipment". I didnt even get offered the shipment so I obviously didnt refuse it!. I called FedEx, they stated the Verizon contacted them to ship the phones back. I immediately called Verizon to inquire about what was happening now.... Another very nice gentleman "Richard" informed me that my order was canceled and I needed to re-order. They would change my account information back once they received the phones. ALL I HEARD WAS.... YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING THE PROMO CODE FOR YOUR ORDER...IT IS NOW OVER!!! Richard informed me they had extended the promo until 6/21. Awesome, I can reorder then and still get the promo. I am very very upset, but at least I can get the phones with the promo, so that satiated me momentarily. I asked Richard when I could re-order. He said "We will receive the phones on Wednesday or Thursday morning and will immediately change your account back for re-ordering. I specifically asked Richard if I should wait until Friday to put the new order in, and he stated "Do it Thursday and you can get your phones on Friday with overnight shipping. Great! Thanks Richard! I just checked the status on the phones, they will not be getting to Verizon until late Friday. MEANING..... I AM NOT GOING TO GET THE PROMO CODE AFTER ALL. It feels like Verizon is trying to screw me somehow and I dont care for this feeling one bit. If they are not going to follow through on promises, I need them state that up front.  I have been more than patient with them at this point.

Labels (1)
Re: Any perks for being loyal to Verizon?
rfdong
Enthusiast - Level 1

NONE whatsoever.  Their CS seems predicated more and more on bamboozling you until you give up.  I had a situation last summer where I called prior to an international trip.  Rep said we have this "deal" where you get X mins, unlimited texts and small amt of data for flat rate.  As usual, seemed too good to be true, so I called another rep and got same answer regarding this "plan".  So I signed up, well when I got home found $150 in international charges on my acct.  Called and the CS agent said "we don't have a plan like that, never have" explained my situation (they can see your acct activity, at least how many times you've called as much as they don't admit it" and they said, well we can't reverse the charges (BS) but we have this promo where we'll credit you $10/month for the next year.....OK, that makes me about even.  Couldn't access it, so they said they would call back, which they actually did, but lo and behold, no credit next month.  Called again, rep said somehow I can't get it on your acct, I'll have to escalate it, we'll call you back.  No call back.  Called AGAIN, and now rep says same, have to escalate it and it will get processed by hand by escalation team since the promo they offered is no longer in the system.  Long story short, never did get the promo as my time worth more than being on the phone with them for lord knows how long already.  I'm actually AFRAID to call them as they will figure out another way to screw me just for calling them.  That's why I decided to go off contract so I can move whenever I feel like it.  Verizon CS is probably the worst I've ever encountered and that's saying something as CS in general is going to sh_ t.n  I'd move but I'm not sure I'd be any happier, but I'm thinking about it on principle.  Luckily for me I rarely have to deal with them, but I want to add a line for my son............

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always strive to provide the best service possible. I would be more than happy to help address both of your concerns. Please respond back to my private message so I can access your accounts.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LisaHeartsDanny
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Christopher, I have responded via private message both yesterday and today with no reply back from you. I have noticed that the phones have been returned to Verizon via FedEx. I would appreciate if Verizon could note that in my account and reset both upgrade dates back to where they were last Thursday so that I may submit my order with the Promo Code in time for overnight delivery.

Thanks, Lisa

0 Likes
jakebob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will give you a word of advice. It's your money. You have two (somewhat unsavory options, as I've recently discovered). You can...

A) Take your money elsewhere (might pay more, might pay less. Might have better service, might have worse (though you'll likely have better AND worse simply depending on the area))...but keep in mind that the folks who warranty the phones won't change. The Asurion insurance will remain the same. The customer service and the scripted responsors will be the same. You just get to choose where you spend your time and money.

B) You can invest some serious time beating a dead horse and MAYBE get a resolution. Thing is, most people can't remain on the phone for 3-6 hours in one day, and even when they can, it's very hard not to lose your cool after than many hours with a hot phone pressed to your ear hearing "I will be happy to resolve this issue for you..." from 10 different people (they're ALL "Teir 2" tech coaches anyways). Thing is, that's what sometimes has to be done. It's your money; an investment, both of your time and your hard earned dollars. I'd personally rather spend 6 hours on the phone hearing no but asking and stating my case and escalating to "Bob" three cubicles down than simply tuck my tail and accept defeat.

I hate to say it...but it's a battle for pennies...YOUR pennies. Is it worth it to fight for those pennies, even if you lose them in the end? Or are you willing to dole your pennies out freely? While you'll have to hope for the unicorn CS in your hours of repeating yourself, it's worth it if you are able to say you tried and POSSIBLY get a resolution and walk away happy.

Be patient...be deliberate...be calm and respectful (it's not the reps fault that they can't make you catch Pikachu)...and try to have fun with it, despite your frustration. They're just trying to do their jobs too and chances are, they've been through the same hardships as you and they'd gladly resolve it if they, personally, could do so without losing their employment (thereby causing a slew of negative effects, notably the outsourcing of jobs and necessity to hire workers that may be LESS skilled than the one you got fired!) BREATHE..."I'm investing my time...not wasting it." Say it to yourself over and over if you have to

*Attention Service Reps*

Be that unicorn. I realize that your hands are tied in most every aspect of your capabilities to make things right. I also know, as a former wireless representative myself, that there is ALWAYS a solution. I realize when you have to transfer a customer that, even if you're doing the right thing, you will be "dinged" for failing to reslove the problem. KNOW that I will ALWAYS give you a fabulous review if you try to help and realize that sometimes you need to escalate the call before it becomes a heated exchange or a 2 hour mess. Take a couple of dings and do your best to resolve the issue...even if that means admitting that you can't and transferring me to someone who MIGHT. People like you are more memorable than the person who ends up solving the problem...because you are the reason it got resolved. Thanks...your job may feel thankless...but it isn't. There are millions of people playing Pokémon GO at work because of you 😉 And loving you for it.

0 Likes