Any way to speed up a port of a wireless number that is categorized as wireline/VOIP?
digitalvoyager

I just got a brand new phone for Christmas, but I can't even use it for a week because the carrier I'm porting from (Republic Wireless) categorizes their numbers as VOIP numbers. After some reading, VOIP numbers are considered landlines and (for some reason) require longer to port over. Customer service is almost impossible to get a hold of. Is there anything that can be done to speed up the porting process? A number I should call? It sucks having a brand new piece of hardware and you can't use it because of some ridiculous process that should be automated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any way to speed up a port of a wireless number that is categorized as wireline/VOIP?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

digitalvoyager, porting over should always be a smooth process, and I am sorry to hear that is has been more difficult than anticipated. We do have a Port Team that specializes in this process. Their number is 888-844-7095 if you want to speak with a representative. You can also check the port status in the automated system by calling 877-567-4899. The hours of operation are Sat-Sun 8:00AM - 9:00PM CT, and Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 11:00PM CT. 

EricaG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes