Are Verizon "final bill" robo-calls a scam?
VWSF
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting daily robocalls from 1-866-803-4839 asking me to pay my "final bill" by calling back, calling 1-800-423-0900 for more info, or going to verizon.com/payfinalbill. 

My Verizon account is active (so a "final bill" doesn't make sense) and paid up, so this seems very suspicious but the web site seems legit, so I'm confused.

I'm trying not to get caught in a scam.  Anyone know if these are legit Verizon numbers?  Or if this is a scam?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Are Verizon "final bill" robo-calls a scam?
VWSF
Enthusiast - Level 2

For others who might find this thread...

• calls are from legit Verizon source (rather than Verizon Wireless)
  • customer service rep suggested my number may be accidentally and erroneously associated in their database with a delinquent account.  (Apparently, she noted, this happens from time to time.)
  • they've initiated a "ticket" to investigate

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

That appears to be for Verizon HOME services (landline) - not cell phones.  Did you have landline services that were cancelled?  Although both are "Verizon" - verizon.com and verizonwireless.com are two different entities.

0 Likes
VWSF
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have up-to-date, paid landline service as well.  Interesting that these calls are going to my cell phone, not my landline.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would log in to both mt verizon landline and verizon cell account; if all seems as I expect (up to date, current, services working, etc) then I might call customer service for each and see if all is normal on their end.

Then ignore the calls....you know you are paid, and your service is working....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VWSF,

VZW to the rescue! We never want for you to receive calls that are asking you to pay a bill when you’re bill is paid. That would be very frustrating. Let’s take a look to see what could be happening. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ and VWSF Fraud is a very real concern for us here at Verizon. We always want to protect our customers from the effects of this. Here is a great link on how to best handle these situations http://spr.ly/6580BkWqq If you ever have a concern these are the best steps. You can also always reach us at http://spr.ly/6581BkWqS
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VWSF
Enthusiast - Level 2

For others who might find this thread...

• calls are from legit Verizon source (rather than Verizon Wireless)
  • customer service rep suggested my number may be accidentally and erroneously associated in their database with a delinquent account.  (Apparently, she noted, this happens from time to time.)
  • they've initiated a "ticket" to investigate
0 Likes
shanvancook

I am having this same issue.  I get a call and no matter what number I call back I cannot get any information on this mysterious past due amount.  I have been to a store and provided my ID and verifcaiton information and no bills are listed.  I get these calls every day.  If Verizon is so interested in getting paid, why are they making it so hard?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello shanvancook, being on top of your incoming calls is vital, especially if they are making reference to your balance. When did the calls start coming in and how often do they occur? What numbers are calling you and what exactly do they say? Have you checked your My Verizon account to confirm your account balance status?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes