Are minutes charged for voicemail not retrieved?
Aennchen

Do I get charged for unwanted voicemail messages I delete without retrieving, such as from commercial enterprises? Can commercial enterprises get my number somewhere? I don't give it out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are minutes charged for voicemail not retrieved?
spaceduckie
Contributor - Level 1

your not charged minutes when somebody leaves a message, but it does use minutes in accordance with your rate plan when checking messages.

what i mean by that is, if you check your messages during the day, it uses minutes, but if you check them after 9pm or on the weekend, it does not. minutes are only billed for the length of the call to voicemail. so if you are in there for 2 minutes, that is what it uses.

vzw does not publish your phone number anywhere, so if it is "on the lose", it probably was called randomly, accidentally, or taken/shared from a website you may have signed up through

0 Likes
Aennchen

Thanks for the info! I have never posted my number on a web site, so I

gather the calls are either accidental or from robots that dial randomly

until they get a hit. I Googled the last unknown number and learned that it

belongs to an out-of-state company that has been harrassing a lot of people..

I just wanted to make sure I don¹t have to pay for their calls if I ignore

them.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you ignore them and let them go to voicemail, you are not charged for the call.  If they leave a message (most don't, so that's a non-issue) you can listen to it after 9 pm or on the weekend and the call is not charged against your peak minute allowance.  If you are on a pre-paid plan, then minutes would be charged based on whatever your plan is...that varies.

0 Likes