Are my phone calls being blocked?
GoRla89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am dialing a Verizon phone # and I continue to get the message "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. We're sorry, the number you have dialed has calling restrictions that prevented the completion of your call."

However upon doing some research I came across an article which states that you get this generic message when the phone calls are being blocked from a particular number.

So I tried to call from different phone#s and I still continue to get the same message. I've even asked my friend in another state to call this number ands he says that she got the same message. Now I understand if the person whom i'm calling may have blocked me. But how is it possible that this person is blocking "ALL" the phone #s and the ones from other states? Why is everyone getting the same message stating that there are call restrictions even when they're dialing the number for the first time?

Is there something wrong with the phone #?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Are my phone calls being blocked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GoRla89,

That's a great question. Typically the message received would indeed indicate a block or other feature restriction. The only way to be certain would be by communicating with the individual through an alternate method. 

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm wondering if the number that is being called has been disabled for one reason or another...(past due balance, service being temporarily deactivated at the request of the owner...etc).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GoRla89,

That's a great question. Typically the message received would indeed indicate a block or other feature restriction. The only way to be certain would be by communicating with the individual through an alternate method. 

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
angelbaby766

I am having this problem with my parents, son and girlfriend's phones.  My husband receives the same message.  I'm thinking they may be trying to tell us something.  Your opinion?

0 Likes
tier1cons

If this message is received and you’re not blocked, what measures can be taken to correct call failing. I’ve contacted individual in person and they called my phone to make sure I wasn’t.  I don’t want to create a situation where I get blocked, so is there a better solution? 

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

What about that scenario makes you think you’re not being blocked? When someone blocks incoming calls from another party, they are still able to call that phone number

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We are concerned to hear this, and we would like to help with the Calling issues. Please tell us, do you recall activating Call Forwarding recently? What model is your device, and are you using regular or Wi-Fi Calling? Did you recently switch phones, change plan, or other changes on your account?

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
Mmm47

I have the same issue!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you're having issues with your calls, Mmm47. When did the issue begin? Does it happen when calling certain numbers? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes