Are you you satisfied with Home Phone Connect?
ChnaDll

We bought HPC in December 2012 and had no issues with setup.  Our issues with HPC is that anyone we are talking to over our Panasonic landline phones can barely hear us. Needless to say, no one likes talking to us on our landline phones anymore.  We contacted VZW CS and they gave us a list of phones that are compatible with HPC.  The funny thing is that we already have the Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone system and we're still having the audio problem.  We were giving instructions to disconnect the HPC device, etc., etc., and it worked for a short while and the audio went bad again.  I like the price as we were paying Verizon landline over $80 a month for unlimited long distance & local services.  It doesn't make sense to buy another Panasonic phone system, but I will try almost anything. We're getting tired of callers not understanding what we said....but we're stuck for another 18 months with HPC.  Any thoughts, anybody?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are you you satisfied with Home Phone Connect?
ATT_Hater

Yes I am basically satisfied with HPC (Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect).

It works in my house.  It works in my car.  It works in my "other" home.  I have used it in four different states and it does what it is advertised to do.  It lets me have my home phone wherever I am for a lot less than my old AT&T wired service that stayed at home and cost three times as much.

I have used it with corded as well as cordless phones.  No matter what phone I connect to it, it works fine.

I have had experience with two different HPC devices.  Minor cosmetic difference.  One had two signal lights, the other had three signal lights.  The wall mount screw spacing was different also.  But function seems to be identical.

Listening volume can be adjusted as stated in manual.  If you didn't get one with the unit, you can download one from this site.

Negative aspects:

1.  No FAX capability

2.  Voice mail issues (discussed in another post)

3.  No use for dial-up internet or alarm systems, etc.

but for the price...  well worth it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey ChnaDll.  The HPC is a great device and yes the best part about it is considerably less than landline services.  I am sorry the audio is giving you issues, but I am confident that we can get you up and running and have the receiving party hearing you loud and clear.

What is your zipcode? Does the audio issue happen on every call? How is your cellphone service inside the house? Do you have any issues with that?

Please provide additional details so we can better assist you.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ChnaDll

Hi NickB,

Thanks for your response. This is driving us up the wall.

Our zipcode is 23435. Our cellphones work great in the house. ..all areas.

Yes, the audio problem happens on all calls. We also can't hear our callers

as well as we should be. We have the Panasonic KX-TG7644-4. It was working

fine while on landline service.

Thanks for any help to solve this problem.

SandI <Personal information removed for privacy per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

On Mar 30, 2013 8:22 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
pd44421

I to have poor audio on both ends of calls using home phone.  Something does not match and it is very annoying that we have this service but have to use our cell phones.

0 Likes