Asurion insurance- a unique situation; need help ASAP!
shelbyrs93

I filed a claim with Asurion right when my phone's screen stopped working, so naturally I didn't file it as lost or stolen. However, within 2 days of filing the claim, I lost my phone, as it was still in my purse from when I took it to the Verizon store to see if they could fix it before I had to deal with Asurion. I already have the new phone (I activated it today with no problems), but I have no phone to send back to them now. It's not that I'm trying to be dishonest with them; I really did lose it!

I guess my question is, is there any possible way to "change" this claim? I really don't want to have to pay $150 dollars seeing how my insurance actually does covered lost or stolen phones; I just didn't file the claim stating that as a reason. Or do you think it's possible that I can just call Asurion and they'll understand? I have a suuuuper old phone that I could send back, but I'm pretty sure they're not going to want my EnV 2 in place of my broken Droid 4. haha.

HELP! I'm in college, and my parents will absolutely murder me if Asurion charges us $150 for this. I just really have no idea what to do... of course my luck is so horrible that I would lose my phone the one time it really mattered.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Asurion insurance- a unique situation; need help ASAP!
budone
Legend

I seriously doubt you can get that claim changed. To an insurance company, the scenario would look like insurance fraud.

Going through Asurion, you WILL have a deductible depending on the device, but not having a phone to return, you would be charged I believe the FULL retail price of the phone not returned.

0 Likes
DHeart112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would call customer service and see what they say, or you could return the device, and activate your old device the one you were using before this one. Im sure your problem is not unique and has happened before so start with Verizon customer service, have them put a block on your lost device, and see what they suggest. Then call Asurion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello shelbyrs93. This is definitely one of those when it rains, it pours moments! Have you reached out to Asurion yet? I highly recommend speaking with Asurion, and explaining to them what has happened. This way they can assist you directly with your claim, and recommend the best course of action to take.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you shelbyrs93, and everyone on this thread. Take care!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
graysmama
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can call asurion and explain the situation to them but as.  They are going to charge a deductible for a lost or stolen device just as they would for a physically damaged phone. It is the same deductible for both physical damage and lost/stolen. 45.00 for a basic phone. 99.00 for most smart phones. 169 for 8 gb or 16 gb iphones and 199 for 32 gb or 64 gb iphone

0 Likes