Re: Asurion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jgilliatt- we are sorry to hear about the charges on your card. We would like to look into this further. Are we able to send you a Private Message to continue?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CHAOS9602

April 2017 -- bought new phone, so bill was higher.  When asked if I wanted insurance, I said no.

March 2018 -- bill increased by $2.00.  I thoroughly scrutinized the charges on my bill and discovered that I have been charged for insurance for the last 11 months.

I contacted customer service and received a credit for the monthly Insurance charges that I never requested.

Discussed Insurance charges with my best friend, also a Verizon customer, and he has been billed for insurance for years, but does not remember if he wanted insurance or not.

Discussed Insurance charges with my boyfriend, also a Verizon customer.  He bought a new phone September 2017 and distinctly said no insurance.  He received a $2 increase on his invoice last month and he is going to scrutinize his bill to see if he's been charged for insurance that he distinctly said no to.

CONCLUSION:. If you say no to insurance, check your next invoice to make sure that there is not an Asurion Total Mobile Protection charge... because there probably is!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

CHAOS9602 wrote:

April 2017 -- bought new phone, so bill was higher. When asked if I wanted insurance, I said no.

March 2018 -- bill increased by $2.00. I thoroughly scrutinized the charges on my bill and discovered that I have been charged for insurance for the last 11 months.

I contacted customer service and received a credit for the monthly Insurance charges that I never requested.

Discussed Insurance charges with my best friend, also a Verizon customer, and he has been billed for insurance for years, but does not remember if he wanted insurance or not.

Discussed Insurance charges with my boyfriend, also a Verizon customer. He bought a new phone September 2017 and distinctly said no insurance. He received a $2 increase on his invoice last month and he is going to scrutinize his bill to see if he's been charged for insurance that he distinctly said no to.

CONCLUSION:. If you say no to insurance, check your next invoice to make sure that there is not an Asurion Total Mobile Protection charge... because there probably is!

So you didn't bother to look at your bill for nearly a YEAR? Buy online you won't run into these issues. And you probably went to an "Authorized retailer" or a "Premium retailer" not an actual Verizon store. Avoid those. Also READ your bill every month. Geesh.

reglob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Asurion is a total scam.  I filed a claim to have my screen repaired and they told me that since I can't unlock the phone (because the screen is cracked) that I require a complete replacement .. and my deductible to exercise the replacement is $199. What? I didn't even know I had a deductible! I thought I got screen repairs or replacement for the $15 / month I've spent over the last 18 months!  If I had known I was going to have fork out that much money I would have just saved the money myself. At this point they are refusing to allow a screen replacement - insisting that I have to pay them the $199 - and nobody has even so much as taken a glimpse of my phone to make a proper assessment!  Total total scam.  The proper approach would be to at least have it evaluated - even attempt to replace the screen.  They have service centers that do these screen replacements.  The fact that there isn't even a consideration for this clearly indicates that they are just trying to extort the most money they can.  They will then take my phone with the cracked screen, replace it and put the phone into the refurbished phone stock.  I feel completely taken advantage of.

Tags (1)