At my wits end with this horrible company
mlroyce

I am beyond frustrated with the lack of service with Verizon and the way I have been treated.  I ordered a phone and tablet om-line to start new service with Verizon back in December, the following day I found a better deal elsewhere so I called to cancel the order I had placed.  I was assured by the rep on the phone that this order would be cancelled and it was, I verified with Fedex that they routed the order directly back to the warehouse and it was received and signed for at the warehouse 2 days later.  I have received bills each month since for service on this phone line that I cancelled and have called 10 times in the past 3 months and was assured time and time again that this will be "cleared" it just takes up to 3 billing cycles to clear?!  What?!  That is insanity.  Why on earth would it take 3 months of billing to reflect a cancelled line of service?  At least half of those calls I was treated absolutely horrendously by the reps who refused to give their names or allow me to speak with a manager or supervisor.  The last time I called I was assured the credit would be posted by the manager that day.  Well this is now the end of March and today I got an email from CBE collections for a bill of $622 for the equipment and months of service that I never received as my order was cancelled.  I have now tried calling CBE 5 times, the first 2 calls I was hung up on after saying hello then received a message stating to call back later on the last 3 tries.  HELP!!!!  I am at my wits end on how I can resolve this, can anyone offer any advice for how to resolve this?   I am screaming from the rooftops how awful this company is.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: At my wits end with this horrible company
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I apologize if I can't sympathize because I really cant. But what I will say is be diligent and do not give up the fight to ask for a supervisor. But I will also tell you cancelling and sending back an order was the hinge in the coffin.

0 Likes
mlroyce

The best part is that I never even had to "return" the phone because it never even came to me, it was sent to Fedex and Fedex sent it right back to the Verizon warehouse as soon as I cancelled.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ITs pretty obvious they didn't cancel the service, even though the phones were canceled.

sorry, it shouldn't be this difficult.

Do you still have all the paperwork/proof the order was canceled and phones returned?

0 Likes
mlroyce

Yes, even the name of the person who signed for the phone at the warehouse.  Every time I call I am assured that they see the return and the cancellation and that everything will get credited within the 3 billing cycle period.  I guess 3 billing cycles is just how long until they ship it to collections and let it be their issue, clever.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Definitely keep at it.

Not that this is any consolation, but this is not a singular incident, and not limited to one carrier.  The entire system is not geared to work in reverse.

Last fall when everyone ws hot for the iPhone 6, people canceled orders when the phones weren't available in stores and went to apple.  Problem was they used their upgrades already and couldn't get them back.  It all works out, but not until the customer has completely lost faith.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The OP got the wrong advise if any. When you order lines of service and go through sending back etc there's so much "proof" you have to go thru....  and it's never ending unless you get a rep who knows what the blank they doing that's why I told him be patient.

mama23dogs
Legend

His problem has been complicated because Verizon sent the account to collections. Once in collections, it isn't Verizons records that are the problem, there arent any.   At least not as far as collection service is concerned.  They just bought the debt.  Since Verizon didn't have an account for him, and doesn't own his debt, he has to prove the return and cancelation with the collector.

To prevent this from hitting credit rating, the best option would be to pay the bill and take what ever steps needed to get the money refunded.  In these matters, it's like dealing with the IRS, your wrong till you prove otherwise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mlroyce, we're stepping in to ease your frustrations. When submitting an order online, it will process within 1-2 business days. As a result, the devices can ship out pretty fast on our end. Once our warehouse confirms the receipt of your phones, it will post to the closed account and credits will be applied. We apologize for this delay as it will take 1-2 bill cycles for a final bill.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mlroyce

Lasina,

Thank you for the response, however I feel as though you did not read my complaint.  The phone was ordered Nov 30, 2014 and the order cancelled the following day Dec 1, 2014, the equipment was routed back to the warehouse directly from FedEx and was signed for in the Verizon warehouse in Ft. Worth, TX at 8:52 am on 12/4/2014 by a C. Champion (FedEx tracking# removed).  This is now March 31, 2015, it has been almost 4 months since the return was received and I am now in collections with Verizon for $622.54.  I have called and called and called and continue to get the runaround, different responses every time I call and assurances that it will be taken care of only to get another bill or new collection notice.  Every time I call the reps can clearly see the return was received.  Is this a scam to get money from would be customers?  Please help me resolve this.  I have in the meantime filed complaints against your company with the FCC and BBB.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

>> Edited by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes