Authorized Resellers for Business Account phones/plans? Can't seem to find a list.
PerlAddict

I've been trying to help my mother upgrade her dinosaur of a phone to a Droid Incredible, but it turns out her's and Dad's calling plan is actually through a Business Account with Verizon (Dad has it set up that way because we work in a 5-employee family business and it allows us to list the phone usage as a business expense).

I had tried ordering through Wirefly originally, but since the account is a Business Account, they couldn't process the order. Apparently they and everyone else I've run across so far only deal with the Personal Account side of things (and most of these places like Wirefly, Amazon, Newegg, etc. all run their orders back through Simplexity.com's retail system).

Does anyone know of some online (or brick-and-mortar, even) resellers for Verizon that can process upgrades to Business Account phones? It eats me up inside to have to pay $199 for the Droid Incredible through Verizon when I know personal account holders can get it for $150 through Wirefly with no tax (and then an additional $50 back on top of that thanks to Bing! At least until Bing cashback shuts down in a week).

Very much appreciate any help or suggestions!

Thanks,

- Dave

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Authorized Resellers for Business Account phones/plans? Can't seem to find a list.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use this:  Store Locator

You can choose Corporate Verizon stores or "authorized resellers" - which may or may not offer the Business Account services. You are better off sticking with the corporate stores...just put in your zip code, and it will come back with a list of dealers in your local area.

0 Likes
Re: Authorized Resellers for Business Account phones/plans? Can't seem to find a list.
PerlAddict

Thanks, Suzy. All of the Verizon stores will handle the business accounts (at least that I've been in), but I'm looking more for any online sites that cater to business customers like Wirefly and Amazon do to personal account holders. Mainly because you typically get better pricing through them versus going back through Verizon directly.

As for the brick-and-mortar stores locally, I know which ones handle Verizon, but I have no clue whether or not they handle them on the side of business accounts or just personal accounts. It's beginning to look like the only way to find that out is to call around and start asking. But even then, their prices still are typically a good deal higher that online (Droid Incredible from Wirefly = $150 minus $50 Bing Cashback and no tax, versus $199 in Best Buy / Radioshack plus 9.75% sales tax).

It's a bit of a moot point for me now anyway, as my mother was driving through a more remote town today and happened across a Verizon store there that had plenty of Incredible's and Droid X's in stock, so she went ahead and got one. She wanted something right now, so she was happy with that versus saving a few bucks and having to wait a couple of weeks.

But I'd still be interested if anyone knows of online retailers that cater to business account users.

Thanks for the reply, Suzy!

- Dave

0 Likes