AutoPay Issue
KLouis

There are a couple of issues I've had with autopay since I've switched to Verizon in July.

1.) I have not been able to use my main bank account to autopay.  All of my other bills come from this account, yet when i try to set it up on the app, web browser, or the automated call, I only get errors or is says the account number could not be used and to try another option.

2.) Every other account I try (Same bank, no other difference) seems to work somehow, but it would require me to move money around monthly and hope that it drafts on time. (It doesn't, it takes days after the autopay date to come out) That doesn't work for me at all.

3.) When I got a payment return fee, which I knew would happen eventually, I call again (for the 3rd time) and asked that either the problem be fixed or to be given a reason why my account was so special that it would work for all of my other bills for the last 4 years perfectly, but not for Verizon autopay. All I was told after an hour of re explaining everything is that I was locked out of using a bank account with autopay because of previous payment history and that NO ONE could remove the lock even though ALL of the issues were caused by their system not accepting my perfectly fine bank account number.

4.) Now I'm stuck dealing with this for until March, and even then, there is no guarantee that when I call back in March (And I WILL call back) that they will have their system working properly to finally allow me to set up the bank account I originally tried to at first. They should have helped me fix the issue in the beginning.    

0 Likes
Re: AutoPay Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring you are able to use the most preferred payment method available when setting up auto pay is essential, KLouis! Although not all accounts/methods are accepted, we are here for support and happy to help gather more information to provide more clarity. Please send us a Private Note to get started. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
PalmTreeChet

OMG, I am going thru the same thing. 3 months in a row and they put me on cash payment like its my fault. I dont know why their auto pay system is messing up, But im glad to see im not the only person having this issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@PalmTreeChet  wrote: OMG, I am going thru the same thing. 3 months in a row and they put me on cash payment like its my fault. I dont know why their auto pay system is messing up, But im glad to see im not the only person having this issue

I know I would be concerned if Autopay was failing, and then was placed on a cash only payment restriction. The great news is we can usually identify what is causing the issue to help get it corrected. We will need account access to assist with this. Please be on the lookout for a private message from us so we can assist.

-Joseph

0 Likes
PC509

I have a similar issue. But, I made payment arrangements, autopay was off during that time. The second I clicked the autopay part, it processed both payment's that were arranged for the future using my autopay checking account as well as the one that I authorized on my debit card. A week later, obviously the two checking account payments were returned and now I can't use that account for payments (cash or debit card only). Today, even with autopay turned off (although, I can save $20 by turning it on with a checking account I'm not allowed to use!) and payment due on the 23rd, it attempted to process the amount on that checking account (that's not listed as it cannot be used). 

Apparently, the autopay function is being very finicky and multiple people have had issues.  When I call, they can't understand what's going on and why that happened. Although they are very strict with that "can't use autopay until August" (yet, it still tries to process it on it's own, even when it's turned off!).  Round and round I go with Verizon. 

Although, there was a funny part with my last call.... "Sir, I'm having trouble hearing you. You're breaking up." "Yea, it's because I'm on the Verizon network..." :). It seems to be degrading in quality around here lately. Not as bad as T-Mobile, though. I went back to Verizon because of the better coverage and past great customer service. Now, both seem to be lacking. Very, very frustrating. 

0 Likes