Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
AutoPay Issue
KLouis

There are a couple of issues I've had with autopay since I've switched to Verizon in July.

1.) I have not been able to use my main bank account to autopay.  All of my other bills come from this account, yet when i try to set it up on the app, web browser, or the automated call, I only get errors or is says the account number could not be used and to try another option.

2.) Every other account I try (Same bank, no other difference) seems to work somehow, but it would require me to move money around monthly and hope that it drafts on time. (It doesn't, it takes days after the autopay date to come out) That doesn't work for me at all.

3.) When I got a payment return fee, which I knew would happen eventually, I call again (for the 3rd time) and asked that either the problem be fixed or to be given a reason why my account was so special that it would work for all of my other bills for the last 4 years perfectly, but not for Verizon autopay. All I was told after an hour of re explaining everything is that I was locked out of using a bank account with autopay because of previous payment history and that NO ONE could remove the lock even though ALL of the issues were caused by their system not accepting my perfectly fine bank account number.

4.) Now I'm stuck dealing with this for until March, and even then, there is no guarantee that when I call back in March (And I WILL call back) that they will have their system working properly to finally allow me to set up the bank account I originally tried to at first. They should have helped me fix the issue in the beginning.    

0 Likes
Re: AutoPay Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ensuring you are able to use the most preferred payment method available when setting up auto pay is essential, KLouis! Although not all accounts/methods are accepted, we are here for support and happy to help gather more information to provide more clarity. Please send us a Private Note to get started. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes