Automatic forwards from Gmail to vzwpix.com won't work from one account, but does from another
jsml

I like to set automatic forwards in my Gmail to send text messages to my phone for instant alerts. For example, when someone sends me an email with "urgent" in the subject line or when I miss a Google Voice call from one of several Google Voice accounts (you can only be signed into one GV account in the app, so all others send me emails when I miss a call).

This worked perfectly fine on AT&T. When I moved over to Verizon, I found that it would work for one of my Gmail accounts (my work email), but not for my personal account. The strange thing is, if I send myself an email at @vzwpix.com, it WILL come through, but the automatic forwarding will not.

This is the message I get as a kick-back from when the automatic forwarding fails:

Subject: Undeliverable Message

Message: Message could not be delivered to mobile. Error: [and then it lists to, from, date, time, subject]

I've tried re-setting my internet spam blocking preferences, but they were already turned off and re-setting them didn't change the story. I also turned off a nickname I had for myself @vtext.com just in case.

Any help?

Thank you!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Automatic forwards from Gmail to vzwpix.com won't work from one account, but does from another
zippyk

I have the same issue.

0 Likes
Re: Automatic forwards from Gmail to vzwpix.com won't work from one account, but does from another
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I used to use this method to receive email notifications on my basic phone before I went to a smartphone.  A couple of htings may be the issue, as I have had this come up as well.

Do you have a signature attached to your personal mail that would be included in the forwarded email?  Background images, "stationery", special characters, special formatting (color, images) in your email can cause the text message to be "uninterpretable" by your phone.

The same kind of information in the body of the forwarded email may cause the same behavior.  Large image attachments, document attachments, etc cannot be "translated' into a text message, and the message is reported as undeliverable.

If none of this seems to be the cause, post back and we can troubleshoot further.

0 Likes
jprimus

I am having the same issue. I have noticed that when the forwarded messages' subject line starts with and ends in parentheses the message to #@vzwpix.com does not appear.

When I send a message not being forwarded the same message appears it has a greater than and less than sign instead of parentheses.

Examples:

Will not show in #@vzwpix.com

(Subject goes here) Message body...

Will show in #@vzwpix.com

<Subject goes here> Messsage body...

Interestingly both messages will show if sent to #@vtext.com.

I would like to know if there is a work around for this.

0 Likes
jprimus

I actually found an answer to my question.

It appears that Google Voice, which is where I was sending/receiving my forwarded texts, does not support Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) from Verizon, only Sprint.

Verizon's text email address for MMS is #@vzwpix.com

https://community.republicwireless.com/message/66431#66431

Guess I'll have to find my own work around.

0 Likes