Autopay Shenanigans
natg34
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I am going to start off by asking about how long should it take for a hold on enrolling for Autopay last? Back in November of last year, I joined Verizon and set up my account just to find out later that month that my first bill payment was returned and they would be putting a cash only hold on my account. I was wondering what had happened because I never would try to mess it up myself. I came to the conclusion that the person setting up my account may have gotten my bank information wrong. When I went into the store to pay it for the first time, I told them that I live 45 minutes away and there was no way I would be driving 45 minutes out of the way to pay the bill every month, so they let me pay online with a credit card. So it is now May and noone from Verizon has been able to tell me when this hold will go away, I have heard it could be May, or June, or even July. There has been no clear answer. Noone I talk to seems to be able to fix it. What really makes me disappointed is that because of this whole mess I cannot get a new phone because I cannot enroll in payment plans from Verizon while I have the hold. Any answers would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Autopay Shenanigans
mama23dogs
Legend

Hold is at least 6 months from the date of problem.   

You can always buy a new phone, you just can’t use installments.