Autopay cancelation
mburrola
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why am I getting back charged for canceling autopay? I've had autopay for a couple of months and since I canceled my current bill is getting charged the discounted fees I was given for the months I was on auto pay.

0 Likes
Re: Autopay cancelation
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mburrola wrote:

Why am I getting back charged for canceling autopay? I've had autopay for a couple of months and since I canceled my current bill is getting charged the discounted fees I was given for the months I was on auto pay.

What is the exact description of the fee you are being charged? Are you sure it is a back charge for the months you were on autopay? To qualify for the autopay and paperless billing discount you have to pay the bill via a bank account or the Verizon credit card and get the bill electronically only. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Autopay cancelation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mburrola,

I would be concerned too if my bill were higher than expected! In order to qualify for the AutoPay discount, you need to pay your bill with an eligible method (debit, checking account, Verizon credit card). If you use a method not include, you would be debited on your bill for the discount instead. Does this help clarify things?

-Christopher

0 Likes