Awful customer service experience
Azra
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really wouldn't go this far to sit down and [Removed] about customer service experience if I wasn't 100 % sure that I was right.

I was made fool out of from one of the customer service reps by explaining me international plan options as a "temporary switch" from my regular plan that I already had.

It wasn't something i REALLY needed to have on my trip, but since according to Schasta ( i think that was her name) I wouldn't loose anything, my edge plan would "temporarily switch" with international plan so I WOULDN'T PAY any extra money and that as soon as I come back to the country, (she wrote down the dates) international plan would switch back to the edge plan and that was it! As simply as that.

Just to make sure, i asked her to do the math for me and tell me how much EXACTLY my plan is going to cost. She did the math and said it is going to be even little less than for what I'm usually paying for. So OK i got convinced after going through all the baby steps, making sure i understood everything well and I got the plan. I was doing all this last minute of course,  so i left the country the same day.  When i saw the bill for July, it seemed about right. It wasn't any less really like she said, but didn't matter much until i got my second bill and the amount was doubled. So I'm not worried, thinking its probably some mistake since I didn't really use much of the plan at all in the first place.

I came back and made a first call. Someone female answered and after I explained her the entire situation, she was telling me that switching of plans doesn't exist and that once I added international package ( so that was the package not the plan) it was additional $ 40 to my Verizon Edge plan.  I wasn't happy what I was hearing. " But the customer service rep explained this really differently to me and even did the math, " I was again trying to explain that I was given absolute INCORRECT information. Or I was lied to, treated like an [Removed]. AND SHE DIDN'T CARE. She just kept saying same thing all over and over again, not really trying to help me out, look into situation further or anything. So I go a step further and ask to speak with her supervisor . She called me back, introduced herself as a supervisor and same thing- I was treated as someone who was just asking things for free and nope I wasn't gonna get it- type of mentality. I was seriously shocked. I've never been treated this way by any customer service in my life before. So here I am sitting in my own house thinking, WOW. I was fooled into buying something and when i tried to say that to them relying on that myth how all conversations get recorded- I found out the sad truth- they don't record their conversations with you. I was told this by another customer rep I called later again who was at least nicer and actually tried to hear me out and said he would look into my situation and follow up with the girl who told me bunch of lies in the first place because Verizon DOES NOT offer any kid of substitutions like that. And after I told him that I don't feel right about paying for this, he simply apologized and said there is nothing he can do about it and that he doesn't understand how i got this whole thing wrong. AGAIN like its my fault. And then he said that I could try and write a letter to another Verizon Wireless something but honestly I was OVER IT. The only reason I am taking time to write this entire awful experience out is because of you to know who are you dealing with. I'm done with Verizon. And i feel a bit better (sadly) seeing so many customer service complaints. So i know that I'm not a retard i was portrayed to be, but victim of pure lies and unprofessional staff that seems to be working for Verizon.

My situation was not resolved and I don't really expect it to be at this point but I will keep on giving bad reviews to this company because they don't deserve to have trust of their customers . They surely don't have my trust for anything anymore.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
Re: Awful customer service experience
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the type of experience we want you to have. We definitley want to take a closer look at this for you. Please respond to direct message I sent you.
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
georgeattwal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

Once again you have succeeded in delivering the worst customer experience possible. I have had my share of dismal encounters with Verizon Wireless over the past 10 years of being a loyal paying customer. I will break this situation down as simply as possible. I contacted customer service and was transfer d over to tech support for an overheating Samsung Galaxy S4 on December 6th 2015. I went through all trouble shooting steps, and was told that I would need to switch out my device. I have had many issues with this model and your tech support representative advised me to go to a Verizon Corporate store to have my phone swapped out at no charge because I pay the additional warranty/ insurance on my monthly bill. I walked into your Queens Center Mall location on December 7th 2015, and of course they did not assist me. They stated that they do not and have not done any warranty or phone swaps in stores for over a year. I am a small business owner and work off my cell phone and it is imperative that it is operational at all times. Wasting a customers time and sending them into a location promising to swap out there phone is not good business. Having a manager at a corporate retail location advice you that your customer service department does not know what they are doing and that I might as well purchase a new phone since I am there seemed like a used car sales bait and switch. I succumbed because I depend on my phone for work and purchased 2 new phones, Samsung galaxy S6's. Feeling as if I was swindled into walking into a location and made to spend over $1500.00 was not a pleasant experience. The next day my new phone was already starting to act up, I called tech support because it did not allow me to make a call and go online. A tech support representative was patient and after 2 hours helped me correct the issue on my device [Removed] but not on my wife's device [Removed]. He promised to call back the next day at 5:00 PM to follow up, I did not receive a follow up phone call until the following day. This once again did not help with my experience with your company, I continued to have issues with my new device, and once again called in on December 17th because my screen was bleeding. There is no physical damage on the phone, I spoke to tech support they advised me it was a defective device and stated they would send a replacement. I agreed but was confused as to why I have to pay additional taxes on a replacement device/ phone swap within 15 days of purchasing a new phone and paying taxes. Once again I agreed and paid the extra $50.00 because I can not be without a phone due to work. They stated some backward policy in which I have to pay upfront taxes on a replacement device and that I would be refunded the $50.00 once they received the faulty equipment. I was also told that my device would be shipped out and I would receive it within 2 business days, I would have it on Monday the 21st. I patiently awaited my device and of course no shipment was made. I had to once again call customer service on the 21st, they then checked and shipped out a device to me, promising next day shipment. It is now the 23rd of December and I still have no phone and I have spent additional money to have a phone. If you were in my shoes I am sure this would not be a pleasant experience. And sadly this is not the first poor experience that you have delivered to me. I am fed up with the way your company treats good patrons such as myself those who pay $225.00 a month for the past 10+ years, I do not understand how a billion dollar company does not have the correct methods of communication between departments. I also cannon comprehend why a corporate store would not simply read the notations on the account and do whats right for the customer. This is by far the worst experience I have had with any company, and I am still without a phone. There has to be something that can be done to rectify this situation and I will not waste my time walking in to one of your locations to be given the run around or will I wait for fedex for 2 days to receive my phone. Thank you for ruining my holidays as well as jeopardizing my livelihood.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to learn of the bad experience outlined in your post georgeattwal. You are a valued customer, and our main goal is to provide you with world class customer service in every interaction, whether by phone  or at any of our stores. Please accept my most sincere apology for the phone delivery delay. My resources indicate that your phone will be delivered tomorrow by the end of day. I am confident that your replacement phone will resolve any issues that you are currently experiencing. Please keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hemidakota
Enthusiast - Level 1

fudge you Verizon for your dirtty way of treating customers. I will never renew my contract with you. Your verizon store will love me tomorrow as for i will not leave untill my 100 hours of dealing with you can never be fixed, you are a piece of dirt and should be ashamed at your practices of what you do to people.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hemidakota, it sounds like you have had less than the stellar experience we would want for you. What has happened? How may we turn things around?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes