BOGO Promo Credit - Paying off a line
dmb06

I purchased six devices back in December using a BOGO promotion. All six devices have a considerable amount left to pay-off.  I lost one of the six devices and need to replace it.  I am resigned to the cost involved with replacing the phone, and will pay off the existing phone balance. My issue however is that I do not want to lose the considerable promotional credits on the phone. 

I have been told by two separate VZ customer service reps that if I pay off the balance on one of the phones that doesn't currently get a monthly credit, that the promo credits will not dissapear. However, when I go online and try and do that, i get a message saying "Phone received $800 promo credit when purchased, by paying off early, you will lose remaining $1794 of promotional credits".  None of this makes sense. I certainly dont want to mess this up and lose $800, or even worse $1794 of value (in addition to the cost (at full retail value) of a new device.

Can VZ representative please help me sort through this???????

0 Likes
Re: BOGO Promo Credit - Paying off a line
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are willing to pay the $800 of the remaining balance, might I suggest that you replace the lost phone by purchasing a new phone at the full retail price instead of paying off the device payment agreement balance. You will continue to get the promo credits along with continuing to pay the monthly payments, but you also have a new phone on the line of service. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dmb06

issue is that i want to purchase new device using the upgrade promo as I have another older phone that I would get $700 towards purchase price of new device.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm pretty sure you can't have two separate promotions associated with the same line. You will need to decide which promotion is of more value to you. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. We do apologize for any miscommunication when looking into your concern with the promotional credits. Once, you pay off a device with promotional credit, the credit is gone. This is a systematic process that we can not avoid once the device agreement is paid off. Why did you want to pay off the line? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes