Re: BOGO issue with Verizon store
boringusername
Master - Level 1

From your customer service agreement

This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HUNTNNUT, help is here as you definitely deserve answers and resolution regarding the phone promotion. Let's get started as this has been going on far too long. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern. 

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ADVERTISE78
Enthusiast - Level 2

boringusername,

From your customer service agreement

"This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement."

Translation:  We reserve the rights for Sales or Customer Service Representatives to lie to you.  Do not trust our company on any transaction.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Look at it form their perspective yes say some reps says "Yu can get 5 iPhone X for free. Should Verizon have to honor that because of some rouge rep? Most people wouldn't get "lied" to if the went to the website FIRST then they would know the answers to 90% of their question so there would be no asking a rep. I do think some people DO in fact go tot eh website and see teh terms or price of whatever is it they want and the don't like the answer so they then ask a rep and they hear the answer they want to hear whether a rep lied or not.

0 Likes
ADVERTISE78
Enthusiast - Level 2

boringusername,

Whether you realize it or not, you are arguing the same point as I.  If Verizon's perspective is that they cannot be held accountable for what their employees and representatives say, than from a customer's standpoint they are an untrustworthy company.  It doesn't really matter whether the shareholders, executive management, or board of directors considers their reps to be rogue (or "rouge")... customers cannot rely on anything that is said by the only facetime they have with the company.  Therefore, the practical action to take seems to me to do as little business with the company as possible.  Certainly don't buy any phones, accessories, or insurance from Verizon.

Furthermore, as a shareholder, I find the notion that a company doesn't take responsibility for its public representatives to be abhorrent.  It certainly has undermined my faith that Verizon's corporate governance is trustworthy.

Finally, your assertion that "some" people go to the website and see the terms and THEN argue with a rep to get better terms is vague.  How can i argue with "some", when that could mean 3 or 30 or 3000 people.  First, I doubt the MANY people who have taken time to complain on the community board, and the untold many more, who didn't take the time, are mostly devious consumers working an angle.  In my case, I ran across the BOGO boards a day after I was sold a bill of goods at the Verizon store.  That prompted me to call Verizon when I was still in the return time zone.  From Dec-April I had not one, but five Verizon reps tell me I was eligible for the BOGO deal, and each one told me it was on its way "next month".   Only today, they suddenly tell me I was never eligible. Since this is so similar to so many other complaints, I smell corporate policy rather than a "rogue rep".  And that doesn't bode well for Verizon's long term health.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

ADVERTISE78 wrote:

boringusername,

.Certainly don't buy any phones, accessories, or insurance from Verizon.

Furthermore, as a shareholder, I find the notion that a company doesn't take responsibility for its public representatives to be abhorrent. It certainly has undermined my faith that Verizon's corporate governance is trustworthy.

Finally, your assertion that "some" people go to the website and see the terms and THEN argue with a rep to get better terms is vague. How can i argue with "some", when that could mean 3 or 30 or 3000 people. First, I doubt the MANY people who have taken time to complain on the community board, and the untold many more, who didn't take the time, are mostly devious consumers working an angle. In my case, I ran across the BOGO boards a day after I was sold a bill of goods at the Verizon store. That prompted me to call Verizon when I was still in the return time zone. From Dec-April I had not one, but five Verizon reps tell me I was eligible for the BOGO deal, and each one told me it was on its way "next month". Only today, they suddenly tell me I was never eligible. Since this is so similar to so many other complaints, I smell corporate policy rather than a "rogue rep". And that doesn't bode well for Verizon's long term health.

Insurance is by Asurion which all the carriers use so I'm not sure what the point is.

Customers try to game the system constantly. I go to board and see "How can I bypass video throttle" and of course plenty of people willing to tell them the answer. Or people still o grandfather unlimited asking "How can use hotpot without paying for it. once again trying to violate the TOS. If one doesn't like the terms one's option is t LEAVE not to do shady things.

I've also seen people on these BOGO deals come up with ideas how to get a phone for free without having to have a new line. When told no there idea likely won't work then comes rant how unfair Verizon is and how greedy they are that they can't get a iPhone X for free.

But yes many people ae to lazy to go to a website to see what the terms are for an offer or plan then want to blame everyone but themselves. You know how many posts I read by people on Go Unlimited complaining they are being "throttled"( really deprioritized ) but say they shouldn't because they haven't reach 22 GB yet. even though the plans CLEARLY state on the website Go has no such 22 GB limit only Beyond does. Then when told they say "but the store rep said....." Did the rep say that or did they hear what they wanted to hear? Even if the rep did, did they say it for some nefarious reason or was the rep just misinformed about what teh pans are? Not that rep not knowing what he is talking about is acceptable. But there is huge difference between lying and being misinformed.

0 Likes
ADVERTISE78
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Insurance is by Asurion which all the carriers use so I'm not sure what the point is."

Simple.  Third party vendors, like USAA, also sell cellphone insurance,, often for less.  If one MUST have cellphone insurance (generally not worth it anyways), than why get it from representatives you assert are likely to be either incompetent or liars.

"Customers try to game the system constantly. I go to board and see "How can I bypass video throttle" and of course plenty of people willing to tell them the answer. Or people still o grandfather unlimited asking "How can use hotpot without paying for it. once again trying to violate the TOS. If one doesn't like the terms one's option is t LEAVE not to do shady things."

I honestly don't know anything about the example you cited, but if you represent a company who clearly owes no allegiance to its customers, nor makes any attempt to embody integrity as illustrated by terms of service that basically state company representatives cannot be trusted, than you have no grounds to expect customers not to find every way to screw you over.  

"But yes many people ae to lazy to go to a website to see what the terms are for an offer or plan then want to blame everyone but themselves."

This is the point where you and I are most diametrically opposed, philosophically.  People aren't lazy, necessarily, for believing a salesman for stating "terms are X".  They aren't even particularly gullible, which would be your best argument.  They have misplaced trust.  They trusted a company to care about its reputation.  Heck, even car salesmen honor the terms they put forward to their customers.  But like both you and I have said in previous posts, Verizon employees can' be trusted to know, or present accurately, terms of service.  I'm just trying to educate more customers on that fact.  Which you must surely support.  Customers can do with that knowledge what they want.

0 Likes
OleBoboh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Call your credit card company and dispute the transaction.  A charge back will get their attention.

0 Likes
OleBoboh
Enthusiast - Level 1

"But yes many people ae to lazy to go to a website to see what the terms are for an offer or plan then want to blame everyone but themselves."

LOL.  Hilarious. 

Go online right now, get on chat, and request the contract for the current BOGO deal.

Go ahead, don't be lazy, get us a copy of the contract and post it here.  Not a marketing blurb, but the actual contract that you are entitled to read prior to paying or signing. 

We're waiting.....

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

OleBoboh wrote:

LOL. Hilarious.

Go online right now, get on chat, and request the contract for the current BOGO deal.

Go ahead, don't be lazy, get us a copy of the contract and post it here. Not a marketing blurb, but the actual contract that you are entitled to read prior to paying or signing.

We're waiting.....

You don't need to see a contract the term are spelled out on the website. that anyone with the ability to read should be able to see,

0 Likes