Backup Assistant Data Wipe
chessbot

I got a new phone in the last few days, and fortunately I had installed Backup Assistant about a day before my old phone finally croaked. I imported all my contacts and it was all great.

I had occasion to add a new contact to my phone yesterday, and when I checked this morning (presumably after the daily sync) all of the contacts from my old phone had been removed. They still show up online, but no amount of syncs and checking and changes seem to get them to show up on my phone. Help?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Data Wipe
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The best way to restore this completely will be to delete and re-install the application. The steps for this are listed below:

1. Go to "Media Center"

2. Go to "Browse & Download"

3. Highlight "Backup Assistant" and select "Options"

4. Select "Cancel Subscription" or delete

5. The program will delete and it the phone will connect briefly.

6. You will see Backup assistant listed in the Browse and Download list after it's done deleting.  Select the program and add the free subscription.

7.  It will download backup assistant.  Run the program when it's done and enter your correct pin.  

8. Now all your contacts will be synced correctly now.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Zachary, according to many Verizon reps on here and in stores, Backup Assistant is DOA. It has been for over 3 weeks. With no ETA for resuscitation.

0 Likes
lauraplane
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found almost al my contacts to be deleted from my phone this morning. I had 2, plus the # ones that were there when I got the phone. I removed and reinstalled backup assistant, sync from my BUA online, no luck.

What the heck is going on?  And how can my contacts be randomly deleted?

0 Likes