Backup Assistant confusion
IndiansFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently changed from an America's Choice plan to a Nationwide Plan. To prevent against accidental data charges now that I would be charged by MB, I had the customer service rep put on all the blocks. I specifically asked if Backup Assistant would still work, and she said it would. Unfortunately, it doesn't. I keep getting an error message (with code #105 I believe). This leads to two questions:

1) All the various blocks are checked when I look at my phone features in My Verizon. Is there one I could uncheck, even if only temporarily, to allow Backup Assistant to update?

2) Will I incur MB data charges when Backup Assistant updates itself? A review of various forum posts indicate a difference of opinion. Is there a definitive answer?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant confusion
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The only block that will affect backup assistant would be the National Access block, this block is affective for all data from the device. It can only be removed by customer service, so call and ask to see if it's on there. This block would also prevent you from sending/receiving picture messages.

All the other blocks you see in MyVerizon can stay in place if you desire, but shouldn't affect the back up assistant.

0 Likes