Bad Business Practices -- Authorized Dealer in Manhattan
JanWo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have unlimited warranty under my Verizon $15/month insurance plan.  But I didn't know this.  When my phone screen suddenly went black, I went to an authorized dealer at 2152 Broadway in Manhattan to get a replacement. Was told that with my insurance, I would need to go to a return center, pay $189, and wait 2-3 biz days for a replacement, OR I could purchase a display phone in store for $457.

Because it was my work phone I bought the display phone. On the receipt the manager wrote, FINAL SALE and said that the phone had a limited warranty of 30 days. 

When I called Verizon customer service just to check on the terms of the insurance, I was told that my phone was fully covered and that they would send me a new one.    I went back to the story and demanded a full refund. At first she said I owed a $49 "activation fee," but later relented because other customers were in the store and I was arguing with her.  

I would like Verizon to check into this store.  It is unfair business practice.  She should have looked at my account and advised me that my insurance covered the phone.  The entire process was SHADY, unprofessional and simply not good business.  Why would you have a third-party vendor who acts in this way?  

0 Likes
Re: Bad Business Practices -- Authorized Dealer in Manhattan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We sent you a Private Note to take a closer look at this matter. Please reply to it to better assist.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes