Bad Business Practices and Terrible Customer Service
jbrianlee88

Several weeks ago I called because the corporate discount link was not giving me any discounts.  So I called and spoke with Anthony, who I think was in sales.  He told me it would be easier to set my account up first.  Trusting him, I said ok, I'll just do that.  He insisted that he could easily help me.  I was hesitant, but figured I should be able to trust him, right?  He asked me several questions and I explained to him that I'm going to be using my own phone and my own number.  He sent me something to accept, which was just terms and conditions.  The agreement he sent me had NOTHING about plans, phone numbers, charges, etc.  Which made sense because he hadn't even asked me what plan I wanted.  After he said everything was ready he said I'm good to go and now all I need to do is call Customer support to get the rest of my plan set up and get the corporate discount.  Once I received several emails from Verizon, I quickly realized that he had lied to me and messed everything up.  He gave me a new number instead of reusing my current number.  He also signed me up for the most expensive plan with insurance, neither of which I wanted or did he ask me about.  So at this point, I knew I had A LOT of work to do in order to get everything fixed that he messed up for me.  I should have just cancelled everything all together and started fresh, but again I figured, they will help me get this sorted, right?  I got back on the phone with customer support to at least start with getting my plan fixed.  She fixed my plan to the one I wanted, said she removed the insurance.  But...looking at my bill, she did not remove the insurance.  So then I had her start the transfer of my phone number.  I gave her all the information she needed and she said that I would get a text message when it was complete after 24-48 hours.  After not receiving anything for several days, I called back.  I got a guy that barely spoke English.  After going in circles with him, asking me the same questions over and over again without getting anywhere, I asked to speak to his supervisor.  She was very nice and knowledgeable.  She claimed to have gotten my number transfer worked out and even said she would remove the activation fee.  Looking at my bill, she did not.  After several more days of waiting, I never got a message about the number transfer, so I called AGAIN.  Whoever I spoke to said it was in process and that I'd receive a message about it being successful within four hours.  Another day later, nothing...So I called AGAIN.  I don't know why they didn't do this to begin with, but a very smart woman transferred me directly to the number transfer department.  That woman was wonderful and got it taken care of.  My number transferred within minutes of me getting off the phone with her.  Thinking I'm good to go, I followed the instructions to activate the ESIM, but it would not working.  Now, not having a phone to use, I had to resort to the online chat, which was having all kinds of connection issues.  After chatting with several people over several hours, I was FINALLY able to get my phone activated so that I can use it.  But now, I still have the activation fee, still have the insurance, still need to get the corporate discount setup, and need to get my $500 voucher claimed.  I'm thinking...am I going to have to talk to 10 different people over the next few weeks to finally get this taken care of?  It's been two weeks now and I feel like I've barely made progress.  I would like someone to contact me ASAP to get this squared away and make up for all of my lost time and money, or I will be moving back away from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Bad Business Practices and Terrible Customer Service
jbrianlee88

FYI, a customer service representative contacted me within minutes and got everything squared away.  I really wish it didn't take all this, but ultimately they did respond and make up for it.  Thank you, Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No, Brian, thank you for reaching and giving us the chance to help. If ever you need assistance with your account here, reach out to us asap. We really do want to help. We hope you have lovely afternoon.

*Faith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The federal trade commission handles these kind of complaints they’ve investigated Verizon once before and lost a 100 million dollar lawsuit.  Verizon had these customer service reps who know it’s  theft  and fraud they ignore you keep telling you the refund is coming to get you to stay quiet, but i promise you they won’t resolve your issues they stole massive amounts of money from me for devices i never used they were returned  im still paying all the fancy upgrade fees.  Ima be the one laughing when they go bankrupt when the feds come for them 

0 Likes