Bad Service in Orlando
peteband47
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would have sent an email but contact us has phone numbers and I don't need someone reading off a call card. "I understand your problem and sorry you are experiencing this situation, please hold..."

I recently switched from AT&T to Verizon, a good deal with a new iPhone Xs Max. I didn’t realize how bad the service from Verizon is in the central Florida area.

• I can not text or make a call from Wewahootee Rd, Florida 32832, until I get on the SR 417 usually at Curry Ford I can make a call. That is on a good day. Some days I have to wait until Lake Underhill and SR 417. (I hope I never need emergency services in any of those areas)

• Text messaging in general has come to a point of sheer frustration with regular “message failed to send” responses. Example:
    • Yesterday I sent a text to a friend “message failed to send” (32765 zip code)
    • Today I sent a text in Winter Park, a heavily populated suburban area - 17 minutes later “Message failed to send” (32792 zip code)
    • This is a regular occurrence unless I am on wifi
    • And the answer is not turn off iMessages, because it worked with AT&T. If Verizon can’t support iMessage, they shouldn’t be selling iPhones.

I have stopped using emails, safari or any other apps that require network unless I am on a wifi system. With Verizon a flip phone would be a better option.

Now you have me stuck in a contract, because I returned my iPhone 6 Plus for $300 over 2 years. Nice ploy.

You have options, (1) fix the problem I should be able to text and use safari and other apps in central Florida. (2) and my actual preferred option - send me my iPhone 6 Plus back or take $300 off the my new phone and I will go back to AT&T. (This helps you because you get rid of an unhappy customer who has already started complaining about the service publicly)

Your choice….

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bad Service in Orlando
peteband47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally got through to Verizon - it seems there is an iPhone issue across the board and the new update for the iPhone fixes the issue. Even though the bug report only identifies the country of Turkey for the fix.

Now Denise from Verizon Support Center - I can't begin to provide enough praise for her time. She was very affirming and patient, and accepted the time when I had to vent about the situation, by far the best customer support person I have ever spent time with on the phone.

She listened to the issue, told me about other iPhone customers having the same issue, contacted Apple support and found the solution. Most important didn't read from a script and was very personable.

Verizon management, Denise is amazing and you should be thankful she is on the front lines. Congratulations on her success.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
peteband47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today again, couldn't make a call while driving on I-4. I wanted to check to see if my dog was ok, he's been sick.

Sent 2 text messages, when I finally got my destination,  and both failed to send.

And I am expected to pay for this service?

And the Verizon phone support is so backed up.

peteband47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally got through to Verizon - it seems there is an iPhone issue across the board and the new update for the iPhone fixes the issue. Even though the bug report only identifies the country of Turkey for the fix.

Now Denise from Verizon Support Center - I can't begin to provide enough praise for her time. She was very affirming and patient, and accepted the time when I had to vent about the situation, by far the best customer support person I have ever spent time with on the phone.

She listened to the issue, told me about other iPhone customers having the same issue, contacted Apple support and found the solution. Most important didn't read from a script and was very personable.

Verizon management, Denise is amazing and you should be thankful she is on the front lines. Congratulations on her success.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly your concern, Pete. We always want you to have reliable service. What is the make and model of the device you are currently experiencing these issues on?JesseM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jg15011
Enthusiast - Level 2

My service in Orlando is the worst. It literally never works right. My family lives in Texas and AZ and all of us have service issues. It is not just one cross street where our phone drops off. It is every street. I have trouble with phone calls and with data

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jg15011, we want to make sure that you have nothing but stellar service with your Verizon Wireless device. How long have you been experiencing issues? What does your phone show for service with this happens (No Service, 1X, 3G, or 4G/LTE)? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes