Bad signal strength, dropped calls
YEHAWW

I live in North Hollywood (Los Angeles).  Inside my home and even out in the front yard  my signal is horrible.  It's almost impossible to make calls inside my house and I'm sitting here trying to txt my wife and I can't even get a txt to go through.  I often walk out of buildings and get a flood of txt messages.   When group texts are sent out at work  I hear everyone's else's phones getting their messages about a minute before I get mine.  Living in LA you'd think there would be great service everywhere.  This is the 2nd phone I've had in this house and neither worked well.  I'd love some help.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bad signal strength, dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YEHAWW,

I understand the need to have the issue with your phone calls fixed immediately. I know I would be concerned as well if I was having trouble with making calls. Please tell me the Zip codes you are having the trouble in. I know you said you are having some issues while you are at work as well, please let me know what that Zip code is too. What is the make and model of your phone? When the calls are dropped, is it just one number that you are dialing that is dropping? How far do you have to travel for your phone not to have the dropped calls? What happens when you try to make the calls? 

Jennifer_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YEHAWW

My home is in 91601.  One of my work places I notice slow service is at 91522.

I have a first generation Pixel, but I had problems with my phone before this one, while not as bad as now.  One thing that happens, and this is quite often, I will place a call and it will take 10 or 15 seconds till it connects and starts ringing.  The person will answer and I can hear them fine, but they can't hear me.

I bought a verizon network extender 4 or 5 years ago, which seemed to help a bit, but I can no longer get it to work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've provided some really helpful information here Yehaww. I checked out both areas and they are both well covered by our network. Indoor coverage though can be tricky to really troubleshoot as there can be many factors outside of our control that could be hindering your signal. You mentioned you have a network extender at home. Do your calls act the same way when connecting while on the extender? Do your troubles at work happen mostly indoors as well? 

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes