Re: Bandwidth
Not applicable

renecone wrote:

First, why put a limit if most people use 2-4 gigs of data per month...and why would the usage continue to go up?

Because it has. Go look the stats. The average user is using double what they did a year ago and double the year before that and double the year before that.

If tethering is the concern then don't allow tethering. Why should everyone be penalized because Verizon allows tethering.

Because the FCC says Verizon has to allow tethering as part of being able to use the 700 MHz spectrum for LTE. Verizon doesn't have a choice in the matter. Take it up with the FCC.

I know mobile users use different bandwidths but Verizon could also use various bandwidths for the same service. Also, if consumers were allowed to buy unlocked phones and switch the sim card to another service provider as they use too customers could change providers if they were unhappy with the service. That's FAIR.

A Verizon phone not work with any other provider. Verizon uses different frequencies. Not to mention that talk and text are CDMA and At&t and T-Mobile use GSM. Sprint uses CDMA but as I said different frequencies. And no one uses the same frequencies for LTE. An unlocked Verizon phone would be useless.

You don't have to believe unhappy customers = declining revenue but it still does. Perhaps if the wireless infrastructure received as much funding as the executive committee this would be a mute point.

Sorry but in the last 2 quarters since Verizon started Share Everything and ended upgrades for unlimited data users Verizon has GAINED customers. In fact Verizon gain more customers in the last 6 months of 2012 that at&t, Sprint and T-mobile did COMBINED all year. Verizon has the lowest churn in the industry which is under 1% per quarter. Verizon 1st quarter report will be out in 3 weeks so we will see if this trend continues.

Verizon spends BILLION each year. You think upgrade thousands of towers to LTE is cheap? Heck they paid $3.6 BILLION for the AWS spectrum they bought from the cable companies so they can use it for LTE which Verizon is rolling out later this year.

Perhaps unlimited won't come back anytime soon. But Wireless providers will soon invest in the necessary Infrastructure to accommodate the customer as they should. Until then consumers have to pay extra for the same services at the same speed.

They have been investing and continue to do so. No one is paying extra for the same speed. Going form 3G to 4G is not the same speed. Oh I'm and paying the same. So I'm paying the same for MORE not less.

0 Likes