Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area.  Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks tikibar1!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area. Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
JFER80
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you find out if you are being dropped? I'm afraid i may have thrown my letter away

Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area.  Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
siriusjamie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call them, they will Gleefully let you know. Also, they will ask at the end of the conversation do you have a full understanding to cover their butts

Re: Being dropped because of roaming in certain area. Horrible customer service, doing this to 19,000. Shame on you Verizon!
siriusjamie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’m looking for a customer service satisfaction survey, it will be one Verizon never forgets. Also, notice in the past few months, you will see massive data increases In your plan.  Carefully constructed plan to with unlimited data plans back to RID us due to “high” usage.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be in your documents and receipts section of your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like people in rural areas where Verizon has partnerships with smaller carriers are effected. When they're NOT on a Verizon tower there is no way for Verizon to monitor or control data speeds according to the service plan. So why, exactly, should Verizon continue to allow this to happen? Verizon, like all mobile networks providers, is a for profit organization. They are free to ask you not to be a customer. There is no law that says they MUST provide you service. Especially, if you are not in their coverage area. They are spending more money than they are making on these types of customers. Verizon Wireless is not a public utility.

Why don't you buy your service from the smaller provider that you seem to be connecting to the most?

0 Likes
siriusjamie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Because, I have never been late on a payment, the plan is more expensive, I can’t port my number, doesn’t work out of their service area etc...   Verizon is picking and choosing who they want, people that use more data than I aren’t getting letters of termination. I stay on Verizon service area 3 days a week.  I think they watch what apps you use and discriminate for lifestyles accordingly.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon is picking and choosing who they want

Verizon doesn't have their own towers in your area. They don't have to pay for you to roam.

I stay on Verizon service area 3 days a week. 

Which means you are roaming 4 days a week. That is a majority of your usage on roaming. That is what the agreement says. Is it not? If you spend a majority f your time roaming, your service can be terminated.

I think they watch what apps you use and discriminate for lifestyles accordingly.

Don't know exactly what you're trying to say here. I can definitely assume but I don't like to do that. Would you like to enlighten me?

DEEPROSE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe you are absolutely correct.  There was a contracted build-out in eastern Maine that now carries the Verizon signal on the Downeast Scenic By-Way on Rt.1 and surrounding smaller towns from Ellsworth, Hancock County, Maine through a large portion of Washington County.  These LOCAL residents that have service agreements with Verizon Wireless are the ones that are being affected.  So, the residents and officials of the towns that voted to allow permitting or variances for cell towers have been placed under false pretenses that the service will be available to its residents.  The service has, in fact, been available for a little under two years. Many towers also do not transmit any other carrier signals.  So, the residents of these towns that host the towers now have to look at them but cannot enjoy the signal availability because Verizon will not allow them to continue with their service agreements.

Business or not, the price of roaming on a contracted tower is not huge.  I don't believe for a minute that Verizon created a negative deficit.  They use it to say, "hey, we've got the best network availiability"...only to read the small print.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Please explain this.

If Verizon owns the towers why would customers be kept from utilizing them?

We are talking about towers that Verizon does not own and customers roaming on those towers 51% of the time or more.

I am not sure what your point here is.

DEEPROSE wrote:

I believe you are absolutely correct. There was a contracted build-out in eastern Maine that now carries the Verizon signal on the Downeast Scenic By-Way on Rt.1 and surrounding smaller towns from Ellsworth, Hancock County, Maine through a large portion of Washington County. These LOCAL residents that have service agreements with Verizon Wireless are the ones that are being affected. So, the residents and officials of the towns that voted to allow permitting or variances for cell towers have been placed under false pretenses that the service will be available to its residents. The service has, in fact, been available for a little under two years. Many towers also do not transmit any other carrier signals. So, the residents of these towns that host the towers now have to look at them but cannot enjoy the signal availability because Verizon will not allow them to continue with their service agreements.

Business or not, the price of roaming on a contracted tower is not huge. I don't believe for a minute that Verizon created a negative deficit. They use it to say, "hey, we've got the best network availiability"...only to read the small print.

0 Likes