Best to avoid Trading In
Leknight42

Recently I traded in two devices, a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and an iPad Pro 12.9, and the entire process has been a nightmare. First, the Z Flip was entered in as a Note 4 and wouldn't give me any value. After calling into customer they were able to determine that the IMEI for the device is still showing up as the Z Flip, not a Note 4. In fact when I check it myself on several different web sites it still shows up as a Z Flip. I was able to get account credit for this instead of being paid out to PayPal. Now for the iPad. After the iPad was checked in and device was accepted I waited the two weeks before calling customer service to determine what was going on. I was advised to give it a little more time. Another week later and I called back. The device, as it turns out had not been checked in and they stated payment had not been sent out. It's been over two months now.

This is beyond unacceptable. I have worked for cell phones company and other retail locations that take trade ins. The process takes less than five minutes to see what condition a device is in and whether it's still locked under iCloud or whatever Android/Samsung use. I also understand it takes some time when sending a device but two months is beyond ridiculous.  Not only that, but after the first month I've had to start calling in twice a week to get any information and keep them on top of this ticket. I hate to be like that but there is no communication otherwise from Verizon. I'm really underwhelmed by this to the point where I'm looking at other companies for phone and home internet. After reading the other comments, both here and throughout the web, it seems like this is a case of rampant theft. Avoid sending your device. 

0 Likes
Re: Best to avoid Trading In
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The trade-in process should always be worry free and I apologize that you have had to go through so much! I know I would be frustrated if I had to wait so long for a final confirmation of the trade-in. I am confident we will locate the device and apply the appropriate value. Please send us a Private Note and we can offer you more personalized support.   -Yale

0 Likes
Re: Best to avoid Trading In
Leknight42

I sent a reply to the customer service rep through this site a few days ago and never received a response. Then I spent the entire day calling in to finally get to the bottom of this issue. The first calls effort was received with "its a PayPal problem not ours". After contacting PayPal, they confirmed yet again, that no pending transaction was made to my account. I asked for them to search through different forms of receiving money on my account and it came back all the same. No pending transaction from Verizon Wireless. Trying to call Verizon back, I was muted and then hung up on by a rep. The third time I called back, I was muted and hung up on again. I've worked in call centers before as well as retail and when I call in I keep it reserved because I understand dealing with angry Karens. But, if the information I need is not provide or I'm given the run around, I will call back.

I understand that the last two years have been a lot for people to deal with and customer service may not be at everyones top concern, but there's a job that needs to get done and it's time to get it done. If I didn't keep calling, then the device wouldn't have been assessed. And no I'm not going to take it easy when nearly $400 should have been in my PayPal account over a month ago. The customer service is beyond unacceptable. It is beyond unacceptable that I have to call in wondering why my device hasn't been checked in yet. It is beyond unacceptable that I am not provided with any payment transaction numbers. It's beyond unacceptable that the people who are supposed to be assisting me provide me with inconstant information and then hang up.  At this point, that trade in credit needs to be sent via Visa gift for double the amount since this is clearly scamming the customers and I am beyond livid. 

0 Likes