Betrayed by customer service.
SHEWAL53

I purchased 3 Fitbits back in December as Christmas gifts. Before I made these purchases I wanted to make absolutely sure that I could afford the payments-along with my regular monthly bill. It was this reason that I called Verizon customer service and talked with multiple people in different departments. They ALL assured me that I had nothing to worry about-that the amount I felt I could afford would be just fine. When I get my first bill I see that it was red lettering and said i was past due! I called and talked with financial services about the agreement that was made with customer service. I was told I had to speak with someone in their RECOVERY department! Once there I spoke with someone who said that No, I would have to pay more than I was told if I wanted my service to remain connected. This man had no sympathy nor took any responsibility for their customer service agents. I was always told how great Verizon's staff was but now I question that. What am I suppose to do now?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Betrayed by customer service.
Weth
Legend

You tell us no specifics.  It is quite hard to understand who is at fault.

All I can understand: bought 3 fitbits on payment plans. Then you got a bill and couldn't afford it. Since you called back to financial services, you were already having difficulty paying. 

SHEWAL53

No I was not having difficulty paying-I wasn't behind at all. I was told by several agents that I could make the payments that I could afford! Then they told me I'd have to make a 100.00 down payment-WHICH I DID-they took it upon themselves to say my account was past due and then tell me I'll be charged with late fees. My monthly payments were always on time because I double billed with CenturyLink. When I separated the bills all of a sudden they put my Fitbit charges as late-even though they told me I can pay the amount I requested. What more do you need to know?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

SHEWAL53 wrote:

I was told by several agents that I could make the payments that I could afford!

Come on. No company says, just pay what you can afford. There is so much missing from this story. Why were you even in the spot to ask to pay less then what Verizon was charging? I would love to go into a Tesla dealer and just say I'll pay what I can afford, but I'll take the care now. It just sounds all very fishy.

SHEWAL53

Ok let me clarify... I had no issue with making my regular monthly payments. But like I said before, the Verizon customer service agents-several of them-and I have the names and times I talked with them-told me that the amount I requested to pay on the Fitbits-along with my regular monthly charges-was ok. i don't get how you think that is my fault.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I don't get how you could think you can name how much you are going to pay. Unless you were severely behind and made arrangements with Verizon Wireless Financial Services. That is the ONLY group that can make any arrangements to pay anything less than your full bill. Customer service reps have no authority or capacity to reduce your monthly payments, much less to a level the customer says they will pay. It makes no sense and everything you say seems more like it is your fault, frankly.

Why did you even talk to financial services? Why did you not want to pay what you owed? Have you talked to financial services again? Why did you buy fitbits if you knew you would need to pay less than what you were supposed to pay?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Billing to the account is a convenience. It is not credit where you pay a monthly minimum until it is paid off. You cannot make payments on accessories.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SHEWAL53,

We absolutely want to ensure your bill is correct. Please reply back to the private message I am sending so we can review this further.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

From what I understand you billed the equipment to the account and expected to be able to make payment arrangements on it.

You can make arrangements on it but only within like 14 days (don't quote me on that). You will still be considered paying late so the late fee will be on the bill until.

Like the others said it sounds like you agreed to something you couldn't afford and your upset about it now.

0 Likes