Beware: The "new" plans
laylah2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

When the "new" plans first came out I called about the them. I was ready to switch until I realized that my bill would be $15 more. Let me explain: We have 3 smartphones on the "more everything plan" and we are also on the "edge program" (now called device payment plan) The new Verizon plans only give you $20 off per smart phone and NOT $25. So that's $5 x 3 smartphones = $15. My bill would be $15 more per month. Also once you switch to the new Verizon plan you can't go back. Be careful folks before you switch! I told the Verizon rep they NEED to be telling people this. In the beginning I did NOT see these facts on their website until just recently. Now they ARE telling people but it's in very small print. lol!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Beware: The "new" plans
Snn5
Legend

When you look at your plan and another plan, don't you naturally compare them side by side to understand cost?

0 Likes
laylah2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I do. That is why I did not change my plan. But I'm reading on here & on social media where others aren't catching this and switching unknowingly.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Some folks just run towards something new thinking new means better or cheaper.  There are those educated and those who aren't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting the best value for your money laylahbelle. Most importantly, we want to ensure all the details about our new Verizon Plan are provided. You are certainly correct, if you are currently on the More Everything plan and switch to the Verizon Plan, you do not have the ability to go back to the More Everything plan. This is due to our More Everything Plans now being onsidered a grandfathered plan. When you called in to inquire on switching plans, did we provide you with a total of what your monthly charges would be on the Verizon Plan vs. The More Everything Plan? Although the monthly access fee may be slightly higher, the monthly fee for the data allowance may be lower and provide more data than your current plan.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Re: Beware: The "new" plans
laylah2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. No -like I said when I first called the rep made it sound so great until I realized that $5 off of each phone would make my bill $15 more a month. I had to tell HER this. And she was like "Oh yes you are right." If I would not have brought that up I could have went ahead with the plan change and not been able to go back. I am quick with these kinds of things but other customers -especially elderly might not be as quick so I just think all of your reps should be trained to tell people these two important things immediately. #1. You only get $20 off per line and #2. You cannot go back. I do see now that you are putting it in fine print on your website and in your promotions but previously you were not. I'm not here to argue the fact I just wanted to make others aware of this. I also called & complained to Verizon telling you guys that you need to have your reps make this more clear and I was told I was right. I love Verizon's service, I absolutely love it -however my biggest complaint is that all Verizon reps are not always on the same page with things and that's your biggest downfall, other than that you are a great company.

T-J-
Enthusiast - Level 3

Their new plans have been a joke ever since they introduced "shared data"

They said "we got what we wanted" with shared data

So we could "share all our data between our devices on the same plan"

So we wouldn't have to pay $30 for unlimited data and not have to worry about paying for something we wouldnt need

So they started out with $50/GB shared data and every few GB it got a little cheaper as you went up.

They started charging activation garbage fees, they charge you and "upgrade fee" took away new every two two, early upgrades,and many other things.  Anything they add to their plans and services now are nickel and dime antics while they tell you they are doing you a justice.  They do not care about the customers, only the CEOs wallet and their investors.

0 Likes
KYTiger
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, just joining the forum. To be clear, if I have a question about feeling misinformed about payment plans (3 people=3 different stories), I will be labeled uneducated? Sheesh.

lee_jeffery

People be aware, verizon and other phone companies rip you off basically. Im from australia and Im married to my wife who currently live in CA. I pay some of her bills and verizon is one of them. I checked her account shes on a $60 unlimited talk and text. She could go on the new large plan which is $60 which includes 6GB of data but then she will have to pay a stupid "line access of $40 which she currently have to pay under her current plan so instead of getting  better deal she is penalised and pays more. Over here in Australia we get upgrades that dont cost us a thing and we only have 3  mobile providers so there is not that much competition. For $80 a month I get 7GB data, unlimited calls and text and mms across australia, voicemail, and 300 minutes of international calls. That plan was upgraded from 6 GB and 100 minutes International only late last year without extending contracts or anything else. And thats a company called Optus . Plus last year I was able to upgrade from my S4 to a Note 4, no charge. I dont have a bundle or anything else just my cell. On another note, weve had prepaid phones and plans for 15 years now, you guys have only just started doing that in the last 3 years. They say that the USA leads the way, well guess what not in cell services and not in internet either. You guys should demand better from your service providers.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And we have carriers with cheaper plans that that.  However.....the US and AU may be similar in size...but the servicable land area is far different. More customers per carrier.  Different plans and needs.

0 Likes