Beware of Bait & switch Practices with upgrading devices
prswiatkowski

Customer for 15yrs- Stolen from by unethical sales practices

I was sent a text from verizon on Black Friday 11/28/19 to upgrade my device and they would give me a $400 credit for trading in any device listed in the offer. 

I did so, then instead of giving me the promotional $400 device credit they gave a $6 credit. Saying that my device did not qualify because it was not on the network. Read for yourself it never says that, and when doing the upgrade on the website it asked me if I was trading in a verizon phone and i seleceted "no".   

I did everything the offer stated, i have requested my device back as I did not wish to sell them an Iphone 6 for $6. They were not willing to honor the $400 credit or return my device.

Beware Verizon is stealing devices from their clients and you cant do anything about it.

Contacted support on 12/31/19 and was told they understood my situation and agreed that i did exactly what the offer stated and would have a supervisor call me back. 2 hours later I received a text not a call stating they would not willing to do anything to make it right.

IMG_7453.jpgIMG_7455.jpg 

0 Likes
Re: Beware of Bait & switch Practices with upgrading devices
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where is the rest of the promotion details, particularly the small print at the bottom of web pop-up you already provided in your post? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
prswiatkowski

IMG_7454.jpg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the iPhone 6 meet all the trade-in conditions? 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-trade-in-program-legal/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
prswiatkowski

Yes, it met all the requirements 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would equally be upset if I did not get a phone call too. I know $400.00 is a lot of money. I want to take a look at your acocunt and make this right. I have sent you a private message so we can get started. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
bb1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea, they did the same thing to me.  Qualified for rebate for upgrade -then 1 month later, no rebate.

Sleezy, sleezy 

I would never have upgraded if that was the case

V_N_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing this exact issue. Sent my phone in and was quoted $850 and never got my e-gift card. Called today and the value is only $105.50. I would have never sent the phone in if I knew it would be based on market value versus promotional value. Escalated up to Managment and was literally told by Portia that her job is to not make me happy and that Verizon is for profit and in the business of making money and she was sorry I didn’t like her response. Other fun quotes by Portia who is in the escalation management side:  I’m not going to go back and forth with you. Your not going to tell me what I’m going to do. I’ve been a customer for 3 months and beyond disgusted at how they treat customers. This is a complete bait and switch tactic as well as false advertising. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

V_N_,

Verizon Wireless does commit to delivering the best products and services with customer service being the priority. Operating with integrity is at the core of who we are as a company and it does concern us to hear you feel this way. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to forward your concerns to make sure this never happens again. Were you given a reason as to why the value changed? Do you have anything on your receipt that shows the value was listed at $850 for your specific phone? We certainly want to make sure we are checking every option for you.

0 Likes
V_N_
Enthusiast - Level 1

please feel free to contact me to discuss this.

0 Likes