Beyond Frustrated and ready to move on!
cataven

I have been a Verizon customer for a very longgg time.  We have 4 phones now and we used to also have our business account with them.  We have been having some issues, but I have chosen to not pursue them in the past.  This last time, I have had it.

To preface, 2 years ago I upgraded my phone online and mailed in my perfectly good phone for the trade....only to be told it was damaged (screen cracked, it was not when it left my possession).  I did not do anything about it because I figured ok, ***t happens, maybe it got damaged in transport and I had no photos to back up my claim that the phone was in perfect condition.  Move forward to now.

My daughter decided she wanted to upgrade her phone.  She had just gotten out of the hospital so she could not go into the store to do it (which is the only way we will deal with them from now on!)  I said fine, we will do it online.  WE TOOK PHOTOS.  She ordered her new phone, packaged up her perfect phone (even added extra packaging to make sure it would be good) and guess what???  It was damaged when received by Verizon!  Box was fine, phone was not.  Of course I had to dig for this information because I had not heard from them even though it had been received.  When I saw the trade value went from 579ish to 32.00, I called.  Spoke with Humberto, was told that the photo shows damage, nothing can be done.  I asked for the photo to be emailed to me and for a call from his supervisor.  He said the photo will be sent and his supervisor, Brenda Guerrero, will call me when received.  But also said that she said, nothing will change.  I received the photo from a Keith Hammonds.  Honestly can't even tell if it is her phone, cant tell if what I am looking at is simply her screen protector (that she left on for added security) was lifted in the corner or if there was damage.  I sent Keith my photos showing the phone was fine when mailed since he was the person to contact me.  I asked for a call or a resolution because obviously I feel now like this is on Verizon.  The box was in perfect condition, according to the photo Keith sent, so there was not damage done in transit.  I have yet to hear from anyone.  This is not how you treat customers.  You do NOT ignore their problems, it is actually your JOB to assist them.  There is a huge difference between 579 and 32.  My daughter based her decision on upgrading with that trade in value.  If this was the first time this has happened, I may have let it go.  This is my third pretty major issue within the last 2 years.  Verizon customer service is nothing like what it was.  They are simply there to say NO and ignore you.  I will be moving on if Verizon cannot get their act together.  I simply will not spend my money with a company that has no standards.  I am usually a pretty laid back person that accepts what comes, but this time I KNOW WE ARE IN THE RIGHT.  Verizon owes us the stated trade when we ordered the new phone, plain and simple.

0 Likes
Re: Beyond Frustrated and ready to move on!
Verizon7734
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too purchased a new phone based upon a trade-in promotion which Verizon later refused to honor. The promo trade-in offer was $400 and I submitted a rarely used, like new phone in perfect condition. Upon receipt, the credit they offered was $33! I have wasted hours on the phone trying to get the issue resolved and each time I am told there will be follow-up but nothing is done. Multiple times I have been on hold for over an hour just to be disconnected. It is extremely frustrating because once the purchase is made and the trade-in sent to them there is no recourse for holding them accountable to their original agreement.

This is similar to the Wells Fargo scam where their management condoned the deceitful practices and misrepresentation committed by their representatives. Hopefully, if enough of us file complaints there will be similar government and legal intervention. Please make sure to file a claim with FTC (“reportfraud.ftc.gov”) and FCC (“consumercomplaints.fcc.gov”).

Also make sure to advise colleagues, classmates, families, and friends about Verizon's deceitful practices, allowing them to go elsewhere and avoid suffering the same abuse.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing all this information with us, @cataven This is never the experience that we want you to have. Let's work together here and ensure that we provide you a solution. You are right, that is a big difference in the amount. Have you received a follow up in the last 2 days? 

0 Likes
cataven

I have not been contacted by anyone yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand your concern regarding a traded in device. You mentioned that this was your daughter's phone. Is your daughter's line active on your account?

-Joshua

0 Likes
cataven

Yes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, cataven. We definitely want to make sure we look into why you were offered so little for your trade-in and help you as much as we can. Please meet us in a Private Message for further assistance.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
cataven

I have replied to the private message twice and I have not received any response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cataven, we truly apologize for this experience. Regrettably, we do not show the Private Message. I have sent you a Private Message to respond to.

0 Likes
cataven

I have just sent another private message.

0 Likes