Bifurcated Customer Service Experience @ Verizon Wireless Retailers
Customer33691

I've been a loyal Verizon customer since 2010, subscribing to FiOS and Wireless services. Until recently I did not think to look at the competitors, until it came time to upgrade my smartphone. On Sunday 5/17/15 I walked into a Verizon Authorized Wireless Retailer at Brandon Mall and spoke briefly to a Tim who is supposedly a Wireless Account Manager and explained I was looking for a new phone and did not want to change my plan to accommodate the purchase. Tim did not bother to ask my name, pull up my account, or even say hello, however he did take brief a moment from staring off into space to quickly tell me their was nothing he can do to help. As Tim was about to resume staring off into space I mentioned that T-Mobile was offering unlimited voice, data, and messages so long as I purchase a phone, he quietly shrugged his shoulders and resumed staring off into space as if to tell me he had nothing else to add?

Needless to say this interaction is not anywhere close to what I would expect from Verizon, the whole experience left me disenchanted and my resolve was to cancel my service with Verizon and move to T-Mobile or ATT.

As I worked my way to the food court to grab lunch I saw another Verizon Wireless store nearby. Reluctant to even try again, I made my way into the store where I was met by an energetic lad named Ryan. I approached the same as before, I was looking for a new phone and did not want to change my plan to accommodate the purchase. Sensing my dismay Ryan paused and actually introduced himself and shook my hand, said he would see what he could do and asked to pull my account info up. Ryan conceded that if I were to upgrade I would have to change my plan HOWEVER he educated me on my usage and talked me into modifying my plan to something more suitable. This in turn allowed me to purchase a Galaxy S6, Case and Glass Screen protector, ADDITIONALLY Ryan took the time to go over other specials Verizon was offering and I ended up purchasing a Kindle Fire tablet along with an additional service line.

I am sharing this story because I want Verizon to be aware of the employees who represent their brand, and as a customer I do not distinguish between an 'Authorized Retailer' or a 'Premium Retailer' - there should be no difference in service though the reality seems quite different, Had I encountered another Tim at the second store, my next stop would have been T-Mobile. Thankfully I did not, and fortunately my encounter with Ryan provided a positive response to an otherwise horrible experience.

Personal Information was removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bifurcated Customer Service Experience @ Verizon Wireless Retailers
Snn5
Legend

Authorized retailers are not a part of Verizon corporate.  Strange to have 2 Verizon stores in the same mall.  Verizon corporate stores are usually free standing and on their own and not inside a mall.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Authorized retailers are not a part of Verizon corporate.  Strange to have 2 Verizon stores in the same mall.  Verizon corporate stores are usually free standing and on their own and not inside a mall.

0 Likes
Customer33691

Thanks, I realized that when i asked Tim for his business card. Similar to other corporate franchises, I do not think Verizon expects customer's to consciously/unconsciously distinguish between the two. If thats the case they shouldn't label their storefront "Verizon Wireless".

Yes there were two locations within the mall.

Thanks for your feedback.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Correct they are very similar looking.  Authorized retailer and Service provider are all that separate the store fronts.  Be nice if Corporate Store was displayed prominently huh?

a.PNGb.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Customer33691,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this up and let us know about your experience! I'm very glad to hear you stayed a part of the Verizon family but don't like knowing that you were so close to leaving. We always want to make sure you receive the very best support. We try to focus on what options are available and find what will work best for you. It sounds like Ryan did an awesome job and I'll make sure feedback is submitted to both locations.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!