Black Friday Deal on Pixel
NICSTE48

Hello.  I purchased two pixel 128 gb phones last week with the buy one get one half off and now I see that the black Friday deal on the pixel for $15 a piece is an even better deal.  Can I exchange my phones for this black Friday deal?  Will I have to pay a restocking fee of $35 per phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Black Friday Deal on Pixel
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where did you see this deal? $15 a piece almost sounds like a two year contract price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NICSTE48

http://www.verizon.com/about/news/get-latest-google-pixel-phones-daydream-virtual-reality-headset-and-now-google-home-verizon

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is $15/month/phone after a bill credit for phones purchased on payments. Not quite as good as the $15 for a Pixel as you had stated.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah, the fine print outlines the real deal. "*$649.99 device payment purchase required. Less $409.99 bill credit applied to account over 24 months. Credit begins within 2 – 3 bill cycles and ends when balance paid. 0% APR. Line must be active for 24 months to get full credit."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

My husband and I got the same Buy One Get One half off; we purchased ours on Veteran's Day.  So we are paying $27 and $13 on those lines.  Average it out to $20/month per phone.  In two years we'll have paid them off.  BUT, I can pay them off sooner if I want, and do as I please with those lines - in the current deal scenario, you have to keep the line active for two years to get the full value of the deal.  Almost like a contract...

If we hadn't already purchased, I might have done this as the total cost is less on the new deal.  Is it worth undoing the deal we have now, risk an account mess up (it happens), possibly have restocking fees and re-setting up phones, all to save $10 a month?  For me, no.  I'll stick with the deal we already have.  There's always going to be a better deal just around the corner...

ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

The new Pixel  is an awesome smartphone and our Black Friday promo makes it even better, NICSTE48. The good news is that if you are within 14 days of purchase then you will qualify for price protection. May I ask where did you get the phone from? For example, did you upgrade in the store, online, or by phone? The transaction will need to take place in the same channel that the original purchase happened at to get the promotional price. Since you are not technically returning the device, a restocking fee will not be assessed. What other questions do you have for us?

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NICSTE48

I purchased the phones on your website. How would I return the phones and

get the promotional price through your website or should I just call your

support number?

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 8:56 AM, ArnettH_VZW <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NICSTE48,

We always want you to get the best deal for your devices. If you had purchased the device online, you may reach out to our Internet Support team for any adjustments. You always have a 14 day worry free guarantee on any purchases that you make. Our Internet Orders team may be reached directly at: 866-338-7390

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

ArnettH_VZW wrote:

The new Pixel is an awesome smartphone and our Black Friday promo makes it even better, NICSTE48. The good news is that if you are within 14 days of purchase then you will qualify for price protection. May I ask where did you get the phone from? For example, did you upgrade in the store, online, or by phone? The transaction will need to take place in the same channel that the original purchase happened at to get the promotional price. Since you are not technically returning the device, a restocking fee will not be assessed. What other questions do you have for us?

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

That would make total sense to me, and I visited our local store where we purchased our phones to check out our options. 

The store (a corporate store) would not do this without us physically returning the purchased phones, charging us a $35 fee per phone for restocking, and then unboxing and activating two NEW phones, all in order to give us the Black Friday Deal.  We'd just purchased two Pixel's on the BOGO half off sale, and were in the 14 day window.  My husband and I decided not to go through with the phone exchange (or pay the $70).

I still think a simple price adjustment on the account would have worked ...