Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blatantly lied to. False advertising!!
Yamute
  • We purchased three phones due to th BOGO deal. Then, the sales guy offered the Hum service saying that since we bought all the phones he would give us the device for FREE and said it would ONLY cost $5 per month. Low and behold when we got home and reviewed the bill we saw that device charge $20 was pushed to the next bill and there was a monthly $5 wireless service doubling the monthly cost on top of the activation fee of $40 as well as taxes and ridiculous fees bringing the grand total just for the Hum for the first month to over $80. The next day we tried to return it and was told that there would be a restocking fee of $50 and early termination fee $120 because it comes with a 2 year contract that was not mentioned either. We refused to pay so we're refused the option of cancelling. Again, once we were able to read the refund policy, it turns out you have 14 days to cancel withou being charged. So we were blatantly lied to by two different sales people so we would subscribe to to the  Hum then lied to so we wouldn't return it. It seems like this is purposeful. I've reached out to customer service but their rebuttal is "you signed the agreement". Of course we signed it on a mini iPad that was zoomed in to show only the the signature lines. After which they were emailed to us after we walked out the door which is apparently too late to repute the charges. It's been an awful experience that didn't need to be. There are only a few numbers that needed to be mentioned to allow for an informed purchase. It's not too much to ask for. 
0 Likes
Re: Blatantly lied to. False advertising!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Yamute, we are truly saddened to hear that you have had this experience for something that should have been an easy and happy store visit. I know that when I am upgrading phones I am excited to enjoy that new device. The last thing that I would wish is to worry about cleaning up extra details. All of our devices absolutely have a 14-Day Worry Free Guarantee. While there is a restock fee for returned equipment, you would not have a termination fee when returning the equipment within that time frame.We are sending you a private message so we may take a closer look at this experience.

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes