Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blocking a phone number on prepaid
nadahappycamper

Hi, How d I block calls coming from a particular number, texts too? I have one number that keeps calling and texting me multiple times a day, and I told them to stop and they don't. I can't change the number right now, so what do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking a phone number on prepaid
winterbaby18

You can call VZW prepaid at (888) 294-6804 and they might be able to assist you.  What phone are you using?

0 Likes
nadahappycamper

I got the Samsung Gusto. Actually I went ahead and configured google voice to overide the voicemail on the phone. And when this idiot calls again, it'll hit that where I can block his number. I'm just trying now to get text messaging blocked and I'll be set

0 Likes
winterbaby18

Since your using a basic phone I don't have any other ideas but maybe someone else on here will.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there, nadahappycamper! Thanks so much for sharing your concerns over those unwanted calls, and to winterbaby18 for the assist. You can set up Call & Message blocks on your line. The service is free of charges, allows you to add up to 5 lines, and restricts call and messages from 10 digit numbers for up to 90 renewable days. Full details for that service can be found at this link: http://vz.to/MqEgqB

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

DionM_VZW -- has this been changed?  AFAIK, you can't block numbers on a pre-paid account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for catching that mix up, tikibar1. You are correct. The Call & Message Block service that DionM_VZW mentioned is for postpaid customers. To reach our Prepay Team for any options available to your account, please dial 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes