Blocking a phone number
ladybug61625

If you block a phone number what message does the recipient who's number you have blocked receive?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking a phone number
Nina09
Enthusiast - Level 3

Blocked individuals who call a customer will hear the message, Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call.

View solution in original post

Nina09
Enthusiast - Level 3

Blocked individuals who call a customer will hear the message, Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call.

bennygq7
Enthusiast - Level 1

i just want to know haow to block a number using the site

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bennygq7! Blocking incoming calls and messages is easy! Please use this link to get step-by-step instructions http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=20989

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

TripleJump

Is it possible to block calling a certain number (outbound block)?  I know this sounds like a dumb request, unless you have kids that have thick skulls.

0 Likes
dansamsung

How do I restrict my phone number from showing when I make a call?

0 Likes
melissamarie38

So if you block them, they can't text you either?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Triplejump

I can answer this question. It makes perfect sense to me I have kids too! At this time there isn't a way to block the device from calling certain numbers. You could use usage controls to block the times the device can be used. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Blocking a phone number - time limitation
mikey11111

I am surprised that in this day and age, VZW doesn't provide us customers with the option to set a period of time for which to block certain calls, as opposed to providing a 90-day limitation. Everyone receives fraud/scam calls and they can go on for years. So, with today's technology, why wouldn't VZW provide us with the opportunity to decide how long to block a call for this reason, if for no other reason?

0 Likes
Re: Blocking a phone number - time limitation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mikey11111, being able to block numbers is essential to your wireless experience. I understand you're interested in a feature that will allow you to block numbers for longer periods. Depending on your device, you may be able to block numbers through your device settings. To better assist you, what is the make and model of your device?

We also offer a feature named, Smart Family. This feature allows you to set time restrictions, block numbers, and more! Check it out here: (refer to General information #1 & #7) http://spr.ly/6603E2LNF Is this something you're interested in considering? 

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes